The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last two days I've seen Black Swan and The King's Speech. Both fantastic films.

I knew nothing about Black Swan going into it, and only discovered afterwards it was directed/musically composed by one of my favourite duos, Aronofsky and Mansell.

As for The King's Speech, I'd heard the actual movie is very much second to Firth's performance - I respectfully disagree. I think both were of an excellent standard.

Agreed! :)

Although, personally, I have a preference for Kate :wink:

Of course Karsa :)

Whisper of the heart (Studio Ghibli) :)

Took my son to see Harry Potter and the deathly hallows -part one, thanks to a free ticket he won at school. Actually the first HP I've seen on the big screen. I wasn't looking forward to it too much, I didn't think half-blood prince was the best of the series so far, plus I didn't agree with splitting thre film into two parts.

However, I was very pleased with it - followed the story quite closely.

Ian

I watched Inception for the first time on the plane on the way to America just before Christmas. I have seen other films since then (I'm sure I watched one on the flight back a few weeks ago, but I can't remember what it was for the life... wait. Avatar.) but that's the one that sticks in my head the most.

Brilliant film (back on Inception). Even though I watched it on a screen no bigger than my face, the effects were amazing, and the complicated concept was very well produced.

I know a lot of people pan Avatar for being a remake of Pocahontas/Dancing with Wolves, just with pretty effects, but I love it. It makes me cry when

the Home Tree gets blown up

. I want to be a Na'vi.

I guess I'm in a rambling mood this evening.

I watched Inception for the first time on the plane on the way to America just before Christmas. I have seen other films since then (I'm sure I watched one on the flight back a few weeks ago, but I can't remember what it was for the life... wait. Avatar.) but that's the one that sticks in my head the most.

Brilliant film (back on Inception). Even though I watched it on a screen no bigger than my face, the effects were amazing, and the complicated concept was very well produced.

I know a lot of people pan Avatar for being a remake of Pocahontas/Dancing with Wolves, just with pretty effects, but I love it. It makes me cry when

the Home Tree gets blown up

. I want to be a Na'vi.

I guess I'm in a rambling mood this evening.

As Led Zeppelin say 'Ramble on', its great you enjoyed 'Avatar' :D

Edited by Weave

I know I'm a little old for it but I watched Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging on DVD the other day, It just makes me laugh all the time, as I was pretty much the same trying to fit in and getting a proper boyfriend etc and trying to find my way, even though I still am now.

The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming! Well, I watched the beginning and end. I couldn't be bothered watching the entire thing as it was quite long. I also watched the remake of The Parent Trap last night and caught the end of The Runaway Bride. I really would be better off spending my time watching some of the loads of unwatched DVDs I own, but I keep getting sucked into anything that's on TV. rolleyes.gif

I saw The Fighter this afternoon and loved it. Christian Bale deserves every single award and recognition for his role as Dicky Ward. Pure amazingness :D.

7.gif

The last film I saw was 'Laputa: Castle in the Sky' (Studio Ghibli) :),it was fab! :)

The Fellowship of the Ring

My partner hadn't seen any of the Lord of the Rings films yet, so I've initiated him. He says he enjoyed it. I'm not so sure.