Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. Great book! I loved how the movie stayed true to the book (that hardly ever happens..).

Now onto The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

Update: 100 pages into The Short Second Life. Easy read, much like Meyers Twilight series. I'm liking it, but not loving it so far.

Edited by whitegold

I was happily reading more of Perdido Street Station - China Mieville earlier and becoming really engrossed and excited that I could read it all day today, untill I noticed the next two pages/four sides were missing. There is no evidence of loose pages so it must just be a typo, either may it has p*ssed me off :D off I go to amazon to buy another copy (I did get this one from a charity shop but still it is in good condition and whoever gave it away knowing there were 4 sides missing, in such a detailed book....:D)

I was happily reading more of Perdido Street Station - China Mieville earlier and becoming really engrossed and excited that I could read it all day today, untill I noticed the next two pages/four sides were missing. There is no evidence of loose pages so it must just be a typo, either may it has p*ssed me off :D off I go to amazon to buy another copy (I did get this one from a charity shop but still it is in good condition and whoever gave it away knowing there were 4 sides missing, in such a detailed book....:D)

That is so annoying, is it good I have just read The Scar but wasn't sure if I should have read this one before as I think it deals with the same world?

I've just finished reading Jess Granger's "Beyond the Shadows" which is the sequel to her debut Sci Fi romance "Beyond the Rain".

I love the first book. The sequel is...not as strong. But it's still really good with some awesome world building.

Working full time now and still trying to produce books for my publishers kind of sucks the time away from reading.

I hope it's a good thing, this is one of my favourite reads from last year! :D

I've almost finished The Vampire's Revenge, will probably finish it tonight :D

Charm, I'm still undecided. But it's going good :D

Yessss! I finally got Charlaine Harris's Dead in the Family! :D I must finish Let the Right One today so I can start reading this one.

That is so annoying, is it good I have just read The Scar but wasn't sure if I should have read this one before as I think it deals with the same world?

Yeah The Scar is in the same world but I have read that it reads pretty well as a stand alone as there are completely new characters, that said i'd definitely recommend reading Perdido Street Station, it is fantastic. Perdido focuses in the city, Scar is the the sea as far as i'm aware, how have you found The Scar?

Well now I have to buy Perdido Street Station again i'm just going to buy The Scar and Iron Council with it, why not..

I shall try and concentrate on reading Miss Smilla's now, I have definitely not been feeling this book very much although I feel it's not bad, maybe i'm just not in the mood for this type of book but I shall continue anyway :D

Yeah The Scar is in the same world but I have read that it reads pretty well as a stand alone as there are completely new characters, that said i'd definitely recommend reading Perdido Street Station, it is fantastic. Perdido focuses in the city, Scar is the the sea as far as i'm aware, how have you found The Scar?

I really enjoyed it, I find his style of writing to be interesting it's not an easy read by any means you do have to concentrate on the whole story. I am definitely going to read the others too though. My favourite of his though has been The Kraken though.

Yessss! I finally got Charlaine Harris's Dead in the Family! :D

Oh I want!! :D Will definitely be in my next book order :D

I finished The Vampire's Revenge by Raven Hart and have started The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K Hamilton :D

Oh I want!! :D Will definitely be in my next book order :D

I finished The Vampire's Revenge by Raven Hart and have started The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K Hamilton :D

Why haven't you ordered it already?? Tut tut Charm! :D

Why haven't you ordered it already?? Tut tut Charm! :D

I know, I know, I should have :D but my last order was placed before it was actually released here .... that's my excuse anyway :D

I know, I know, I should have :D but my last order was placed before it was actually released here .... that's my excuse anyway :D

Not good enough, I pre-ordered my copy at least a month ago! I have also pre-ordered the next Dexter book :D

I am halfway through Keeping the Dead by Tess Gerritsen and I will probably have it finished by tonight, love this author, I want to read all of her books

I am halfway through Keeping the Dead by Tess Gerritsen and I will probably have it finished by tonight, love this author, I want to read all of her books

I read the Bone Garden last month and she had the same effect on me.:D