Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

I finished Tess Gerritssen - Girl Missing yesterday not her best I think but as she wrote it was an early one which had been republished and was bridging the gap between the thriller and the romantic suspense of her earlier days. I am now reading Terry Pratchetts - Unseen Academicals.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mojo's back, my mojo's back! :) I've read a couple chapters of Burned so far today and am hoping to have the book finished and a review written by tomorrow morning.

Yay! :D I love to see mojos returning! Good for you :D

I managed to read a couple of chapters today in between dozing off, I just hope I can remember what they're about, these meds are good stuff! :D

I went to the library today and picked up a couple of Nora Roberts' novels which are fast becoming a guilty pleasure, Homeport and Chesapeake Blue

I just finished reading The Exorcist. I am generally not much of a horror fan, but this book was actually a page turner for me.

I will be starting on Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard soon. :D

On Saturday I finished Marley & Me by John Grogan and today I started Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates.

How was reading it? I have it on my shelf, but I saw the movie and cried so bad!! :D I cant seem to read books I have seen the movies to all ready.

I bought Heidi by Johanna Spyri yesterday because I ran out of reading material at work. I've only read a little of it so far. There's an introduction by Eloise McGraw; usually intros gush over how great the book is, but Eloise seems quite happy to point out all the flaws. It made me a little less excited to read it!

I bought Heidi by Johanna Spyri yesterday because I ran out of reading material at work. I've only read a little of it so far. There's an introduction by Eloise McGraw; usually intros gush over how great the book is, but Eloise seems quite happy to point out all the flaws. It made me a little less excited to read it!

Oh don't be put off it was one of my favourite books when I was little, I had a lovely illustrated version and was quite scared of Frau Rottemeier.

I decided to finish Unseen Academicals _ Terry Pratchett this morning despite it making me late for work. Don't care though it was worth it. :D

Oh don't be put off it was one of my favourite books when I was little, I had a lovely illustrated version and was quite scared of Frau Rottemeier.

Thanks for the reassurance Pickle! :D

On Saturday I finished Marley & Me by John Grogan and today I started Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates.

How was reading it? I have it on my shelf, but I saw the movie and cried so bad!! :D I cant seem to read books I have seen the movies to all ready.

I was wondering the same as i have it on my TBR pile & i don't want to see the movie till i've read it.

In the last few days, I've started and finished both MW by Osamu Tezuka and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. Both were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Now I'm trying to finish Travel as a Political Act by one of my heroes, Rick Steves. My mojo is back! :D

I am almost half way through Emotional Geology already! This book is wonderful with very real characters and a rich understanding of the human psyche. Thank you to Chrissy for recommending Linda Gillard's work. :D

I finished Little Bee last night which was just oh so wonderful and started Summerland by Michael Chabon last night

I am almost half way through Emotional Geology already! This book is wonderful with very real characters and a rich understanding of the human psyche. Thank you to Chrissy for recommending Linda Gillard's work. :D

Pixie, my pleasure. Some writers just completely have 'it'. You wait...there are more of Linda's books to read! :D

The book is definitely better imo, and I would recommend reading before watching the film :D

In that case i'll move it nearer the top of the pile :D

I'm over halfway through The Rendezvous it's a long time since i've read a book of short stories & i'm enjoying it so far.

My book buying continues apace, another charity shop visit & i came home with

Cutting for Stone Abraham Verghese

Quicksilver Neal Stephenson

Charlotte Gray Sebastian Faulks

Probably a bit late to the party but....i have just read 100 pages of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo by Larsson. I saw the trilogy on sale recently in my bookshop so i snapped them up and now im starting the first book, so far its very intriguing and i hope they live up to the huge amount of hype around them but i will wait and see. :D

I have been reading The Lost Book of Salem by Katherine Howe today - liking it so far :D Just been to the library and too out:

Dave Boling: Guernica (a R & J Book Club read)

Judy Blume: Forever