Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep meaning to watch her show but I never get around to it :D

I haven't read for a couple of days now...don't know where my mojo has gone.

Its by far the best talk show on. Her sense of humor is so unique and dry :lol:

Hope you find your mojo! :(

I just finished We'll Always Have Paris by Ray Bradbury. It wasn't very long and typical of his style which I enjoy immensely. :(

I will be starting Intensity by Dean Koontz soon.

200 pages into Girl With The Dragon Tattoo now and i have to say im enjoying it very much but am finding it a bit hard to remember all of the names in the Vanger family history! There are brothers and cousins and uncles etc and a lot of them live on the small island where the story is set and i just hope i dont get to the end only to not remember who half the characters are.:(

I've read about ten pages of Deathly Hallows today, I think i'll finish it by midnight if i'm reading on and off throughout ze eve :(

I'm 134 pages into Smila's Sense of Snow, and throughly enjoying it. There are so many parallels in her character to Lisbeth in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo! Very different too, but I see her in much the same light.

I hope you continue to enjoy it, Pontalba, then I won't be the only one who has! :(

Just finished The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King. I'm not allowed to read anything else now until I finish Possession - I am really enjoying it, but it's a hardback and I keep being tempted away by easier-to-handle paperbacks. :D

Well, I've read 220 more pages of Forbidden which I started last night. Excellent book. Definitely want to read more by Suzuma. I'll probably get most, if not all, of the book finished tonight.

despite promising myself I wouldn't slog it up the hill today with too much I got a massive haul from the library including purchasing 3 books from the library for

Well, I've read 220 more pages of Forbidden which I started last night. Excellent book. Definitely want to read more by Suzuma. I'll probably get most, if not all, of the book finished tonight.

Annnnnd I finished it. Great book. Did not see the ending coming AT ALL.

Well there are only so many pages in a book, surely you had an idea?

I read another thirty pages of Deathly Hallows :(

I hope you continue to enjoy it, Pontalba, then I won't be the only one who has! :(

Well, I still am, and just checked my pages, and I'm up to p. 280, she's just gotten settled on the ship.

Just finished Witches of Eileanan by Kate Forsyth.

I am currently reading...

The Hobbit by Tolkien

Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, by Rowling

I have Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie staring at me from my bookshelf. It was a purchase I was very much in two minds about, so I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

I picked up my book, The Lace Reader, last night for the first time in over a fortnight and read a good chunk of it. Going to try a read a bit each day now even if it just a couple of pages.

Edited by madcow
oops spelling

I went to the midsummer sales and to my utter disappointment (and relief) the bookstore was closed! No splurging :( I did go to the supermarket book section but because the prices are ridiculous there even if they're having a sale, I didn't buy any.

However, I noticed that the Bree Tanner book was already there, translated into Finnish and all! How long has it been out in English? If not for long, they've done a very quick work on it. Maybe the translator has gotten a preview copy.

I have Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie staring at me from my bookshelf. It was a purchase I was very much in two minds about, so I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

I'm wondering the same about Pie, Roland. I've had my eye on this book for a long time and have yet to purchase it. Bradley just had a new book come out recently as well.

Frankie, the Bree Tanner book came out just earlier this month, so it was a quick translation indeed! Although it is a very small 'novella,' so maybe it just didn't take long?

I read a few pages of Blood Ties last night before fading off to sleep. It's nice and fluffy so far, just what I need after my last book. Speaking of, I need to post a review for that today...

Frankie, the Bree Tanner book came out just earlier this month, so it was a quick translation indeed! Although it is a very small 'novella,' so maybe it just didn't take long?

Ah yes, that must've contributed to the quickness of the process :( Still, in my opinion, pretty good stuff that it's already out :D

Edited by frankie

I started reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone this morning :(

I've been thinking about re-reading the Harry Potter series for a while now but have put it off because of the HUGE pile of books I have waiting to be read that I haven't gotten around to yet. But I've since come up with a plan based on the Read 3, Buy 1 thing I came across in someone's signature on Book Club Forum - Read 3, Re-Read 1. Perfect! Only another two books to go and then I'll be joining you!