Finish the thought, game (join in)

'Never mind, better luck next time, me old pal, me old beauty,' (that's from The Archers) Itsme said, giving Dex a hearty thump on the back. After Dex had managed to uncross his eyes and was able to focus again, off they both went, searching for ...............

(haven't read Saki (though looks like I should!) so can't have heard it there. It's probably quite an old-fashioned term, maybe heard from my Dad?? )

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a cd store, as they wanted to see what kings cross had to offer in terms of cds. As they walked down Kings cross rd, the sky began to cloud over, big grey clouds were settling in, and the sun disappeared, as ever, by 10am.

And then the fog came down. It was a real pea-souper and the pair couldn't see more than two inches or five point zero eight centimetres in front of their noses. They got lost.

Edited by poppy

Lost no, no, We just decided to have to take one of Dex's Drunken Diversions and what would you know! Pub, We can wait in here,itsme said dex. Warmth , A sitdown and a drink, wonder what the foods like. We'll be fine until the fog lifts. Dex decides to get the drinks in and ever generous gets itsme a tonic water (Tap) and a sandwich (made. yesterday) Dex has a cider and a bowl of chips. They settle down and enjoy their food. They notice that some of the locals are staring at them. Dex thinks.... Itsme or Dex. Itsme thinks... its dex or me. All that was heard outside the pub was ITSME!......

Edited by dex

........"yes itsme!!" screamed the man who  checked his lottery ticket and found that he won. Fred Forbes was a 59 year old labourer from Saltash who had just won 4.8 million on the lottery. He entered the pub and cried "the drinks are on me, yarr"

'Well, heavens be praised! I thought I was going to be stuck here drinking warm tap water and eating stale bread until the fog lifted!. Make mine a double and a small lemonade for my friend Dex here.' It was going to be a long, riotous night.

It was not long before word got round, and the Bush and Bull was inundated by the most mixed miscellany of ragtag and bobtail one could imagine. They all got down to some serious drinking and soon the usual fights, chandelier swinging, table dancing, stripping ............

which Itsme was endeavouring to finish amidst the hurley-burley of the goings on in the Bush and Bull. It was getting a little difficult to focus after his fifth double whisky so he called on the able assistance of Dex ( who preferred rum as his poison) and between the two of them ..................

'Well that's the last time I read some obscure Dickens book!' articulated Itsme, but how it came out was 'Welz slats za larse thyme *hic* I rez slum op.. ob...ol' book by slat Dick dude!'

'Wazzat?' asked Dex, who was playing a game of 'get the peanut in the glass' with one eye closed.

unfortunately this consisted of a local store, which was run by a very strange couple. They had all sorts of supplies and products on offer. They also collected the mail from a depot which was a two day journey away and the next run wasn't for three days or the next tuesday, whichever happened first. Bob was left confused as...

today was Tuesday and nothing seemed to be happening. He offered to collect the mail himself and this idea was welcomed heartily. A postie hat was jammed on his head, a pair of dog sled reins slapped into his hands, he was pointed in the general direction of the depot and then...............

the list he'd been issued, delivered and collected on time as per the Greenland Intergrated Translocation Service. (Save us from acronyms, Thought Blimey Old Bob).....

He'd been issued with the official GIT handbook and he used his time on the long sled ride to brush up on the finer points of GIT rules and regulations. Unfortunately, this was something that the store owners had never done and they had failed to read the small print, which stated emphatically ................

that translocation of goods was and will always be ,The responsibilty of the shop owners department (for) internal translocation. Bob thought they'd used great dexterity in getting out of that one...

being led by a very bedraggled looking Itsme and Dex. After a riotous night at the Bush and Bull, the pair were staggering home and had somehow acquired a spaniel, by the name of Hiccup, along the way. Dex had actually won it in a game of foosball, but he had absolutely no recollection of the event.  Hiccup had taken an instant liking to the pair and was showing it by ............

directing them home via the local off licence, "Wow!" said both Dex and Itsme, A true Wonder Dog. We'll have look after this one......

and so in the offy, they spent their remaining 6 pounds 87 pence on dog food, taking hiccup to their rented apartment, feeding him, and then dex got a comb and began leisurely combing the brown and white dog. Itsme went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea....

Edited by itsmeagain

dex thought the dog needed a better name than hiccup, so he asked itsme who was busy making some lancashire green tea. All itsme could think of was.....