Ben's Books, '09

Ben

I can honestly not believe I've never read this book. I'm certainly starting Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, as soon as possible.

I've Never read this either..strange..its such a classic.I think i'll invest in a copy..My friend recently bought the new J.K Rowling offering so I'm next on the waiting list for that one:)

Edited by Kell
fixed quote code

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I found Treasure Island brilliant! Although the writing style is hard for some people to get used to. The Tales of Beedle the Bard wasn't half-bad. It was a simple, but rather enjoyable book to dip into when I didn't have a lot of time. :blush:

Ah, I found Treasure Island brilliant! Although the writing style is hard for some people to get used to. The Tales of Beedle the Bard wasn't half-bad. It was a simple, but rather enjoyable book to dip into when I didn't have a lot of time. :blush:

I'm quite looking forward to it now..is the writing style in Beedle the Bard quite different from HP books?

I'm not too sure really. The short tales are wrote very simply, so are very easy to read. The comments on them, written as Albus Dumbledore, are a bit more complicated. Nothing to confusing to read, but takes a bit more concentration, if you get me. That's not a very good help I know. ;)

Michelle, sorry I must have missed your post. I think the story line behind treasure island she would enjoy, but because it's a classic it might be a bit of a struggle to read. I know some adults that find that style of writing hard to read, so I imagine it would be tricky for Beth. Hope that helps you.

Finally, I'm going to write a review on The High Lord by Trudi Canavan very shortly. Then you'll all be please to know I'm starting my first Discworld novel, The Colour Of Magic. I can't wait. :blush:

Hm, what to start Noughts and Crosses or The Host?

Not too sure, I think I'll finish Ice Palace by Robert Swindells. It's very very short, I could finish it in like 30min or something. :D

Hm, what to start Noughts and Crosses or The Host?

Not too sure, I think I'll finish Ice Palace by Robert Swindells. It's very very short, I could finish it in like 30min or something. :D

I haven't read 'The Host' but Noughts and Crosses is definately a great book. I am halfway through Knife Edge right now and it is awesome.

Do I even need to answer this? :D

(Noughtsandcrossesnoughtsandcrossesnoughtsandcrosses...)

Well I was expecting that reply from you. :)

I haven't read 'The Host' but Noughts and Crosses is definately a great book. I am halfway through Knife Edge right now and it is awesome.

Thanks, I'll probably be starting that one next.

Finished Ice Palace. - Robert Swindells.

Review.

It was a bit short and a bit young for me, but it wasn't too bad as a very light read.

Edited by Ben

Synopsis from back.

Callum is a nought - a second-class citizen in a world run by the ruling Crosses..

Sephy is a Cross, daughter of one of the most powerful men in the country..

In their world noughts and Crosses simply don't mix. And as hostility turns to violence, can Callum and Sephy possibly find a way to be together?

They are determined to try..

And then the bomb explodes..

Looking forward to this. :lol: