What was for lunch?

Michelle

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly lunch,but making a banana cake for work.One of the visitors was about to chuck some overipe ones and I said 'give them to me, I'll make a cake for tea tomorrow' and doing the lesson plan at the same time.I need locking up for my own safety!

• 2 weeks later...

I had chickpea & chorizo soup followed by a gorgeous carrot, apple & sultana salad with lemon juice squeezed over it - delicious! All enjoyed outside in the sun - mmmm!

• 6 months later...
I like it. It is a sort of light cake (so you never realise just how much you are scoffing!) but not crumbly in nature, quite spongy in fact. Rather difficult to explain!!! It is usually sold during December and associated with Christmas for some reason.

some info

and a surprise

That was an interesting read, thanks maureen.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My life is pretty drab in the food department right now -- I've a little cooler in which I take my lunch.

Today's Fare:

One sandwich on whole wheat bread -- three thin slices of ham, two thin slices of hard salami, one slice of sharp cheddar cheese and a handful of lettuce. I'm sad to say I had nothing exotic to spice things up ... I used mayonnaise.

Sour Cream and Onion Pringle's potato chips.

Six cookies called "English Tea", which I am sure are not English and have nothing to do with Tea --- but I still like 'em.

And...I've a jar of olives in my cooler, each olive is stuffed with a clove of garlic! Whoa!