What was for lunch?

Michelle

I I do love garlic pasta, where you have nothing but pasta, olive oil, garlic and some herbs (can't remember them in English, and can't be bothered to reach for the dictionary, sorry!) with a dash of parmesan on top.

Yep me too - pasta olio aglio (garlic and oil) We usually add parsley, and perhaps basil. Simple yet great.

For me, it's the taste. Microwaved food just tasted funny.

I agree. It has a peculiar taste - which I don't like.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't question its deliciousness, what you just described sounds nice indeed! But for me the idea of soaking the pasta in cheese, as much as I adore cheese, is weird. I do love garlic pasta, where you have nothing but pasta, olive oil, garlic and some herbs (can't remember them in English, and can't be bothered to reach for the dictionary, sorry!) with a dash of parmesan on top. But too much is too much in my mind. I know, it's weird, but I just don't get it.

Well... I love cheese. :-) I have this other recipe I make where I sautee garlic and herbs, and then cook down some cream and white cooking sherry, so it's a very light garlic cream sauce... then I dump it over rotini noodles and steamed broccoli and red peppers and bite-sized chicken. That sounds more like what you'd like.

It's more like... more like a "we had a blue car, you had a red car" kind of thing.

Yeah, I think you're right. Sometimes, when I hear food lovers go on and on like you do, I've wondered if I'm missing out. But then, I think of the mile-long list of things that I already love to do and can't find enough time in the day/week/year to enjoy... and I can't help thinking that maybe it's good that I don't have that on my list as well.

I just had a delicious honey-and-sunflower-seed bagel with soft cheese and Bavarian ham - it was to die for! And so filling that I couldn't actually finish it, despite it being mouth-wateringly good! All washed down with an iced mocha - mmmmmmm!

Wow that sounds great Kell. Where did you get a honey and sunflower seed bagel? Probably somewhere noone else can get it..
Nope - they're the Asda Extra Special range and I'd never seen them before, so I think they're new,. They're also very yummy! I highly recommend picking some up next time you're anywhere near an Asda bakery section!

What's ftira?

I think it's a kind of bready-product, but I could be wrong. Am I anywhere close, Maureen?

Quite right Kell

Just done a search round the internet. It just seems to be a type of bread only available in Malta and used for snacks and lunches. Is it nice Maureen?

Yes IceCream that's it. It is a type of flat bread, with a thick crust and almost no soft dough. Have been trying to find a picture but could not! It is crunchy and delicious, especially slightly toasted and warm. We fill it with all types of different fillings, from ham and cheese or tomatoes and olive oil and tuna, or chicken/turkey and salad or whatever else you can think of!

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't found a good one in the UK. :) I don't like the frozen ones; I prefer the ones that you microwave and add the cheese powder.

Yus, I was. :D I find the flavour so much stronger than the other brands I have tried. So, what brands are available in the UK? I swear I've looked, and have only seen the frozen or chilled meals. Are there any others available? I only really shop at Morrisons, and occasionally Tesco. Maybe I should try Sainsbury's or Asda.

Well it is probably disgusting. I haven't eaten it yet, but I found a packet macaroni with cheese powder mix. I normally shop in Tesco, but on Wed I was in town and needed some spaghetti so I went into farmfoods (Tesco would have added too much time onto my walk home). There was no spaghetti but I did find the mac and cheese.

Cheese on toast and weightwatchers tomato soup.

I'm not convinced about the soup. It is only 74 calories but tasted quite sweet and has artificial sweeteners in it which I don't like. I only picked it up because it is lower in salt than normal tomato soup. I probably won't have it again.