What was for lunch?

Michelle

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need something energizing for lunch today. I think I'll have a Fuji apple with caramel sauce, a mug of chicken broth, and maybe a cheese sandwich. Gotta get ready for that midterm essay!

Today I had a cheese and mushroom toasted sandwich. It was loverly :lol:

I was geared up to have a cheese and tomato toastie today but discovered we had run out of cheese. I had a tuna mayo sandwich instead.

Yesterdays lunch was

Wheat free pasta with stir in Dolmio sauce, marinated artichokes, cherry tomatoes and black olivees with sprouting broccoli and carrots.

Today I am volunteering for the National Trust so it is a bit simpler and will be a cold lunch

Rice cakes with red pepper humous and a large salad, no doubt followed by the obligatory wheat free cake !

June

Er... yesterday's lunch was silly. Very silly. It was the tasting menu at the Fat Duck.

We started with

Crunchy green tea, lime and vodka mousse (made at the table using liquid nitrogen)

then had

Beetroot relly and orange jelly

then

Oyster smothered in a passion fruit jelly with horseradish

then

Mustard ice cream covered ina red cabbage gazpacho

then

Quail jelly, langoustine cream, fois gras parfait and pea, in a pot, served with truffle toast, and some oak moss.

Then

Snail porridge, with jocelito ham.

Then

Roast foie gras with almond gel and cherry gel

Then

Something called "sound of the sea" with seaweed and shellfish and stuff, and an i-pod playing ocean sounds

Then

Salmon in liquorice with vanilla mayonaisse

Then

Ballotine of pigoen with black pudding

Then

An amazing glass of "hot and iced tea" where the temperatures were separated somehow and you got both hot and cold temperatures at the same time.

Then

A mini ice cream cone with apple and orange and ginger

Then

A sherbet fountain, but using a vanilla pod, and with pine flavours.

Then

A mango and douglas fir puree topped with a mango-lychee thing, and a blackburrent sorbet

Then

Some parsnip cereal

Then

Bacon and egg ice cream (made at your table using liquid nitrogen again), on a piece of brioche, and with a tea jelly.

Then

Some "wine" gums, made with different single malkt whiskys

Then

Petits fours including a mandarin aero thing, a violet tartlet and an apple-pie flavoured caramel.

It was, also, the best meal I have ever eaten.