What was for lunch?

Michelle

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And 2 figs for dessert. I am a little oCD when it comes to fruit - figs and satsumas I will only eat in pairs. So don't offer me "a" fig!

Pizza Express do a gorgeous pud with figs - it's heavenly! Trouble is I can't remember whether there were 5 or 6 on the plate!

Yup, clear as mud! I call midday meal lunch, and evening meal dinner... but my mother-in-law calls lunch dinner, and dinner supper... and my kids STILL haven't gotten it figured out! They get soooo confused when she says "we just ate dinner" and it's midafternoon. They're thinking "We did? I thought we just had lunch! How did I miss dinner?" :welcomeboard:

I decided on cheese and beans on toast! I have just finished the tin of beans on toast. For some reaon I am absolutely starving lately. I could hardly concentrate at band I was that hungry. It must be breastfeeding and being pregnant, but I am not convinced. I still feel greedy (even though I am getting hunger pains!)

Everyone has different names for meals. We have lunch and dinner, my Mum has dinner and tea. I have told her that tea is a drink. Dinner is a main meal. I sometimes find myself saying I am going to do Katie's tea, as kids and tea just seem to go together, but mostly it is din dins (dinner). If we have supper, that is a snack or light meal somewhere between dinner and bed (usually when I have been to band and am hungry; usually is potato cakes).

I always call the midday meal, 'lunch', and the evening meal, 'dinner'.

So, for lunch today, I had Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Oh man, I missed it so much! :welcomeboard: I've decided to pack up a box (or maybe several :D) of Aussie food that I can't get in the UK, and ship it over, so I'll have it waiting for me when I arrive. Yummo! :tong:

I call my midday meal 'lunch' and my evening meal 'tea', although I think I sometimes call it 'dinner' at work so as not to confuse other people (and to avoid comments like Icecream's 'tea is a drink' :tong:). I once read that some Australians call it dinner/tea depending on whereabouts in England their ancestors came from or something.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone call their midday meal 'dinner' before. That's just weird! :D (Although no weirder than me naming my evening meal after a beverage, I guess!)

All this talk of food has made me hungry :welcomeboard: I brought some 2-minute noodles in for lunch.

Don't forget a boxful of Tim-Tams Angerball! And the Vegemite! (If you're a Vegemite person.)

I think I'm one of the few people that isn't overly keen on Tim-Tams. :tong: For UK folks, Tim-Tams taste very similar to Penguins. I have loads of Vegemite in the UK - it's one of the few Aussie foods I can find there. :)

What they don't have are those delicious Red Rock Deli crisps (Sea Salt, Lime and Black Pepper, etc). :welcomeboard: I'm gonna take loads of those! Plus Twisties as well (that was the first thing I bought as soon as I arrived. I was suffering withdrawal BIG TIME!). Yum, yum, YUM! :D