What was for lunch?

Michelle

Andy, are you making your own spelt-flour bread or do you buy it? I have a friend who wanted to buy this type of bread for her health but could not find it anywhere. She eventually had to invest in a bread maker and now makes her own. Any information would be appreciated.:D

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunch today (as part of my slightly healthier routine of making my own lunch) two small spelt-flour bread sandwiches with black forest ham and hummus, a tomato salad (fresh vine plum tomatoes, basil, black olives, a small amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper), two clementines. Lots of fizzy water.

Very jealous!! :D Did you prepare it yourself, or did you buy it all ready-to-eat?

It's all made by me, apart from the spelt loaf. I have a little street market near me and there's a stall that sells fancy breads from all over London, and amongst the great things they do is a spelt loaf.

Recently I've been trying to cut back on the bread stuff, and have been making tabboulleh or a garlicky puy-lentil and bacon salad or things like that.

Forgot to have lunch today as my Wednesday morning lady filled me up with scones (jam and cream included).

Am on a library course tomorrow and have just realised that I've not even thought what I'm going to have for lunch - good job it's in the middle of Shrewsbury town centre.

I fear not, Rennie. If you've got the time to bake your own, it's probably even better. Mine, incidentally, also have a few seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, maybe linseed?) thrown in which improves it even more.

I love making my own bread - it's so satisfying :D

A lovely buffet provided by the course organisers - went round twice and then walked into town with another library assistant mainly to stop me going round a third time! I love my food :D

A lovely buffet provided by the course organisers - went round twice and then walked into town with another library assistant mainly to stop me going round a third time! I love my food :D

It would have been rude not to go back for more - especially as it was free :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...