New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The film I most want to see is The Reader

It was a good film, but I still can't understand what all the hype is about. It's worth watching, at least once, and Kate Winslet's acting truly is good. The plot is not at all bad either. So at the very least for that, I'd recommend it. I hope you enjoy it when you see it.

It must be so different from the book, because I can't see how she could be up for all these awards if the movie is based on the book. In the book her character is really a second thought, the only development of her character is through Michael's observations. It was a decent book but I think it could have been so much better!

• 4 months later...

The Time Traveler's Wife movie poster and trailer has finally been released, it feels like I've been waiting for this film forever! Apparantly the release date for the USA & UK has been set for 14th August, so not that long to wait!

timetravelerswife.jpg

You can watch the trailer here.

Any thoughts?

Two points stood out for me in the trailer, Alba had brown hair when she's meant to have black hair - the whole point was meant to be that she was like a mini Henry, in looks and time travel. And secondly, I never imagined Henry 'fading' as he time traveled, more of a *poof* and he's completely gone type thing, anyone else imagine him fading? They seemed to have changed it a fair amount from the book though, I hope not so much as it's completely different, although I am excited to see this :blush:

omg, I can't wait for TTW! *claps* The trailer looks good for me :blush:

its the same with me, lexiepiper, i didn't imagine him to fade, I just imagined POOF, and then the clothes just plop to the floor. I don't really mind the whole colour of the hair thing. although she doesn't look anything like henry.

Let's see.. TTW, My Sister's Keeper (trailer looks good, too! I'm gonna cry my heart out with both movies, I know it), Harry Potter 6 (Same here), Alice in Wonderland, and I think that's it. :lol:

Maybe I'm being soppy but it made me cry a little, but more from remembering the book. I do want to see it. It does look different though

I imagined Henry just going poof too, not gradually disappearing

Rachel McAdams does look quite like I imagine Claire, except her hair is the wrong colour.

And I agree with Kimmy, I don't know if the trailer would make me want to watch it if I hadn't read the book

Yeah, same with me too :lol: They shoulda put more information about the whole Time Traveling thing on it. It made me tear up too, but also because I remembered the book, and what happens in it.

It better be good, yeah. We better not get our hopes up though.

Also can't wait for My Sister's Keeper, the trailer made me cry, especially when Jesse was letting go of all these pictures of Kate or whatever. :blush: I hate the fact that that Abigail Breslin girl is playing Anna though. I hate her. I imagined Anna as someone else entirely. Campbell's good though, and so is Jesse. Ah well.

I didn't know My Sister's Keeper was being turned into a movie! Oh I can't wait to read it now! They're going mad turning loadsa books into movies, aren't they?

Yup it's released in 2 weeks, and yes, most books are being turned into films, but I think it's just because it's easy to make a film from a story that's already there, rather than writing a script from scratch. A lot of old films are being remade too, it's kind of crazy that there's such a lack of originality.

Yup it's released in 2 weeks,

2 weeks in every other country except Australia. Big surprise, eh. :blush: hate how they do that. And, guess what, Time Traveler's wife is coming out in August 14, pretty much everywhere and it comes out here when? Oh, you know, two months later. No big deal.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give this thread a bump and endorse my home state's most excellent writer/director team, Joel and Ethan Coen :blush:. I'm really looking forward to seeing their new one entitled A Serious Man, which comes out here in the States on 9 October. It was filmed here too this past winter/spring. Here's a synopsis from IMDB:

It is 1967, and Larry Gopnik, a physics professor at a quiet midwestern university, has just been informed by his wife Judith that she is leaving him. She has fallen in love with one of his more pompous colleagues, Sy Ableman, who seems to her a more substantial person than the feckless Larry. Larrys unemployable brother Arthur is sleeping on the couch, his son Danny is a discipline problem and a shirker at Hebrew school, and his daughter Sarah is filching money from his wallet in order to save up for a nose job. While his wife and Sy Ableman blithely make new domestic arrangements, and his brother becomes more and more of a burden, an anonymous hostile letter-writer is trying to sabotage Larrys chances for tenure at the university. Also, a graduate student seems to be trying to bribe him for a passing grade while at the same time threatening to sue him for defamation. Plus, the beautiful woman next door torments him by sunbathing nude. Struggling for equilibrium, Larry seeks advice from three different rabbis. Can anyone help him cope with his afflictions and become a righteous person; a mensch, a serious man?

I am really looking forward to seeing Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which comes out 17th July. I have my tickets booked ;).

I'm so so so looking forward to this! I picked up my tickets last week......:006:

Alice in Wonderland film adaptation of course! ;) I'll be down to the cinema for that one for definite. :006:

I saw a preview yesterday for Moon and I decided I really want to see it. I'm normally not a huge sci-fan person, but I've loved Sam Rockwell ever since I saw him in 'Box of Moonlight' so I think I might give this one a go. The director is pretty new and has only done a couple of things, so it'll be interesting to see if I like his style.