New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the synopsis for you, Roxi, from IMDB:

Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is nearing the end of his contract with Lunar. He has been a faithful employee for three long years. His home has been Selene, a moon base where he has spent his days alone, mining Helium-3. The precious gas holds the key to reversing the Earth's energy crisis.

Isolated, determined, and steadfast, Sam has followed the rulebook obediently, and his time on the moon has been enlightening, but uneventful. The solitude has given him time to reflect on the mistakes of his past and to work on his raging temper. He does his job mechanically and spends most of his available time dreaming of his imminent return to Earth, to his wife, young daughter and an early retirement.

But two weeks shy of his departure from Selene, Sam starts seeing things, hearing things, and feeling strange. And, when a routine extraction goes horribly wrong, he discovers that Lunar have their own plans for replacing him and that the new recruit is eerily familiar.

Before he can return to Earth, Sam has to confront himself and the discovery that the life he has created may not be his own. It's more than his contract that is set to expire.

FYI, this film is being released this month in the US and on 17 July in the UK.

Alice in Wonderland film adaptation of course! ;) I'll be down to the cinema for that one for definite. :006:

I can't wait for Alice in Wonderland either and I also want to see The Proposal, My Sister's Keeper, Public Enemies, The Imaginarum of Doctor Parnassus (Heath Ledger's last film) - (The list is endless) :006:.

There is a film coming out in September which I would really like to see called Dorian Gray which is based on the book The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. The film sounds really good so I think I will read the book before the film is released. Has anyone read this book?

There is a film coming out in September which I would really like to see called Dorian Gray which is based on the book The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. The film sounds really good so I think I will read the book before the film is released. Has anyone read this book?

Several of us on here love Oscar Wilde and that book, and we've all concluded that what we've seen of the movie seems to completely miss the point of the story and rip it to pieces. There's an additional character and everything. The original book is a satirical arguably gothic masterpiece about asthethics and morals and sarcastic wit. The movie looks like it's trying to be a gothic horror movie.

I haven't read the book no, but I have seen an old b/w film starring Angela Lansbury (as a young woman - she was quite pretty!) It also had George Sanders (voice of Shere Khan in the Walt Disney film!) I thought he was gorgeous.

I am waiting for the Sherlock Holmes movie, Ice Age 3 and I have recently found out that there is going to be a Toy Story 3 and the rumoured fourth Pirates film sounds pretty exciting.

Dorian Grey only appeals to me because it has the gorgeous Ben Barnes in it!

Public Enemies, The Imaginarum of Doctor Parnassus (Heath Ledger's last film) - (The list is endless) ;).

These two also :006:

Thank you indeed! I'll be laughing when you get a visit from Buzz Lightyear in the dead of night!

Yeah, I'll get him to say 'to infinity and beyond' and we'll have cookies and milk.

All the while, Regan will be sitting at the end of your bed, not saying anything, just grinning at you.

Several of us on here love Oscar Wilde and that book, and we've all concluded that what we've seen of the movie seems to completely miss the point of the story and rip it to pieces. There's an additional character and everything. The original book is a satirical arguably gothic masterpiece about asthethics and morals and sarcastic wit. The movie looks like it's trying to be a gothic horror movie.

Sounds like the movie's gonna be better than the book! :(

All the while, Regan will be sitting at the end of your bed, not saying anything, just grinning at you.

;) She's got you there rawr! Reading 'The Exorcist' by any chance? :006: Careful your bed doesn't start floating to the ceiling in the middle of the night!

On the topic of Toy Story, when my son was five he entered into a charity fun run dressed as Buzz Lightyear! My OH made him the body armour and arm bands out of papier mache and everything, he looked fantastic! He won first prize too for his age group! :006: He hates looking at the pics now mind you :friends0:

Sounds like the movie's gonna be better than the book! :friends0:

:006: She's got you there rawr! Reading 'The Exorcist' by any chance? :006: Careful your bed doesn't start floating to the ceiling in the middle of the night!

OI! The book was genius :(

And Rawr and I torment each other with Regan. It's an on-going thing. ;)

Right since i saw that i've been looking behind me as i'm at the top of the bed. Stop. Freaking. Me. Out.

I have to walk around a more or less empty old house which creaks and groans all over the place, the last thing i want to have in my mind is that lunatic McNeil girl. How about Buzz takes his visor off and it's Regan demon face there? Eh??

Anyway. That sounds amazing Charm ;) i love Buzz's spacesuit, it's cool! I love Rex the most!

Right since i saw that i've been looking behind me as i'm at the top of the bed. Stop. Freaking. Me. Out.

I have to walk around a more or less empty old house which creaks and groans all over the place, the last thing i want to have in my mind is that lunatic McNeil girl. How about Buzz takes his visor off and it's Regan demon face there? Eh??

Anyway. That sounds amazing Charm :006: i love Buzz's spacesuit, it's cool! I love Rex the most!

I hoped you checked your house wasn't built on an ancient cemetry or anything? ;) I'm just saying ... you know .. cause .... Oh never mind. :006:

Rex was so funny but I loved the way Mrs Potato head fussed over her hubby! :friends0:

I hoped you checked your house wasn't built on an ancient cemetry or anything? ;) I'm just saying ... you know .. cause .... Oh never mind. :006:

Rex was so funny but I loved the way Mrs Potato head fussed over her hubby! :006:

I have my suspicions that there is a spirit in visitation, but thankfully no cemetary foundations! Thank heavens. Mr Potato Head is actually amazing :friends0: and Slinky! Ah memories.