New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like a bit of retro then apparently there is to be remakes of Tron (2009) and Logan's Run (2010) :)

I don't think Tron is going to be a remake, I think it is a sequel, of sorts.

And on the retro theme, the trailer went up today for the new Star Trek film - looks good, I just hope the story is up to it!

And on the retro theme, the trailer went up today for the new Star Trek film - looks good, I just hope the story is up to it!

I am quite simmply DYING to see this film - it looks awesome and the casting is inspired!

• 1 month later...
At the moment, pretty much just The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas.

Oh, I didnt know there was an adaptation coming soon! I'm not sure when it will be out in France. I'll have to go see it!

But I just watched the trailer and it sounds quite different from the book:

much more realist and explicit if that makes sense. From the snippets in the trailer Bruno seems very aware of what's going on, much more so than in the book at least.

But I just watched the trailer and it sounds quite different from the book

Random Note: J'adore la France :) (I don't speak French, I'm using words I half know from going to Paris :lol:)

On topic: I haven't read the book but I'm going to a.s.a.p. I hope its not too much different, even without reading the book I suspect that one of the best elements is Bruno's naivety about his situation.

Random Note: J'adore la France :) (I don't speak French, I'm using words I half know from going to Paris :lol:)

Very good guessing! :) How long did you spend in paris?

On topic: I haven't read the book but I'm going to a.s.a.p. I hope its not too much different, even without reading the book I suspect that one of the best elements is Bruno's naivety about his situation.

Yes, that's what I'm afraid wont go through well. There are subtelties and undertones in books which can be difficult to put on the screen without making them obvious. We'll see! Enjoy the book first, it's great!

Very good guessing! :) How long did you spend in paris?

Oh not long at all unfortunately or I'd know more French. I went for a week as part of an art trip when I was 16, and that was all galleries and museums and cathedrals - amazing trip. (I'm a very artsy person, and I think of Paris as being a giant piece of art.) I went again when I was 18 for three days with a friend, and that was mostly just hanging around, we went to an opera, which was.... interesting. :lol: Its a great city.

Yes, that's what I'm afraid wont go through well. There are subtelties and undertones in books which can be difficult to put on the screen without making them obvious. We'll see! Enjoy the book first, it's great!

Indeed. This is the movie poster, which is now also a book cover. And normally I don't like book covers taken from movies, but I actually think this one is superb.

Theboyposter.jpg

Indeed. This is the movie poster, which is now also a book cover. And normally I don't like book covers taken from movies, but I actually think this one is superb.

Theboyposter.jpg

That's the book cover I deliberately got because I really like it, so I think it's a great poster :lol: Although the poster colours are a lot more vibrant than the ones on the book cover