New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you seriously need to consider running to the 24 hour movie rental place (do they have those in London?!) and procure this film, BookJumper! It is amazingness and such a good film, truly :welcome2:. If you can't get it at 3am in the morning, try to make it your next film-seeing experience, okay? :) You won't regret it I promise!

Hmmm. I'm not sure if we have them and if we did, I'm not about to leave the estate at 2am - it's alright as far as council blocks of flats go but I do value my limbs. That said, I will try to make it my next film-seeing experience :welcome2: I'm bound to be very opinionated about it when I do see it, so I'll be posting a linky to the inevitable IMBD review for your perusal.

then again...I don't really like John Malkovich, so that could have had something to do with it

Possibly :)!

To be fair, my opinions are but based on the splendid job he did as Javert in the European TV Les Miserabl

I saw an advert for a film with Michael Cain in last night but I can't remember what it was called. That looked interesting, something about him living in an area where there is a gang terrorising the neighbourhood. I'll have to go look it up.

Me too, Mexicola! Coen bros are amoung my favorites for sure :).

I could never hate you, Lexie! :welcome2: I guess I can see why 'Being John Malkovich' wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I love odd films like this. I do also like Malkovich and John Cusack, so it was a win-win for me. Can ask you guys why you didn't like the film?

It's been awhile since I have seen it, and I do like John Cusack, but I guess the film seemed sort of pointless to me. Bu then, maybe that was the point of the movie. :welcome2:

Yeah I think that was it for me too, kinda pointless and very random haha. Interesting concept though :)

Nowhere Boy, about John Lennon's early days. Not sure about the actor playing him but the little boy from Love Actually has grown up, is playing Paul McCartney and man, does he look like young Paulie!!!

Oh and, the Beatlemaniac friend who told me about this also agreed to come see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus with me so I won't have to wait until the DVD... whooo!!!

I'm going to see Men Who Stare At Goats as soon as it appears at our local cinema - I got a glowing recommendation about it so I have to, plus the clips I've seen look great! Trust our Odeon not to be showing it yet :D

It really does, just hoping it's not one of those movies where all the funniest bits are in the trailers! Having said that, my movie critic loved it and he's very hard to please :D

Nowhere Boy, about John Lennon's early days. Not sure about the actor playing him but the little boy from Love Actually has grown up, is playing Paul McCartney and man, does he look like young Paulie!!!

Oh and, the Beatlemaniac friend who told me about this also agreed to come see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus with me so I won't have to wait until the DVD... whooo!!!

Ooh! I haven't heard anything about this! Is it a widely-released film, or just a small independent film? (Trying to work out if it will come out over here.)

It sounds great, and I would love to see that kid from Love Actually all grown up. He was adorable. :D

Ooh! I haven't heard anything about this! Is it a widely-released film, or just a small independent film? (Trying to work out if it will come out over here.)
I hadn't either but I've just checked and it's coming out at Vue cinemas in London the day after Christmas - Vue is as mainstream as cinemas get so the film should reach your neck of the woods no problem. Looking forward to it but I'm also apprehensive, given me and my friend's passion for and knowledge of the subject matter we'll either laugh and cry and love it, or rant and rage our way through the film if they start getting things wrong.

I also would have been interested to see Me and Orson Welles, about Welles's historical production of Shakespeare Julius Caesar. But it's got (wait for it) Zac Efron in it. That... that shouldn't dare touch the Bard with a bargepole :D:motz::D.