New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

I'm wanting to see Nowhere Man too. I know they talked to Yoko when they made it, and I think to Paul and Ringo, and I read (I think) a review by a music historian who said it was prettty accurate which is good.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see Men Who Stare At Goats as soon as it appears at our local cinema - I got a glowing recommendation about it so I have to, plus the clips I've seen look great! Trust our Odeon not to be showing it yet :D

I want to see this. Jeff Bridges is my all time favourite actor, and it's a great cast. Looks very funny indeed!

I rather fancy seeing Goats too. Also dying to see The Vampire's Assistant (The Saga of Darren Shan) and New Moon (Twilight Saga). I'm totally into the whole vampire thing!

An excellent reward, Stephanie! I'll be seeing it at midnight on the 20th, and I won't lie and say I'm not considering seeing it in the afternoon too! :D

I read a horrible review of 'The Men Who Stare at Goats' in Entertainment Weekly today and the critic gave it an F, which is really surprising to me. Owen Gleiberman, if you're reading this post, lighten up and learn to be a better critic! I'm still going to see the movie :D.

I really want to see 500 Days of Summer because I love Zooey Deschanel, because I'm curious to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt in something other than 3rd Rock from the Sun (fab show!) and because the plotline seemed interesting enough :D

This was supposed to be a good film, Frankie. I kept meaning to see it but never did. It looked like it could have some good music in it too :D.

I keep seeing a trailer on TV for this movie called The Box. It looks intriguing to me and I'll have to check who the director is before I decide to see it. Cameron Diaz is in it (not my fave), but the concept of someone in the world dying if you open a box that has a million dollars in it seemed interesting to me.

This was supposed to be a good film, Frankie. I kept meaning to see it but never did. It looked like it could have some good music in it too :D.

That post of yours started out in a spooky way, I thought you'd seen the movie and meant to say you'd thought it would be great, too but it turned out it wasn't. So glad you didn't mean it like that! :D Well you can always rent the movie or maybe even buy it? :) Hmm, I don't actually know when this is shown in our movie theatres, maybe I need to check that out asap.

Edit: Nice. It's either coming out really late in Joensuu, or not at all. Or I'm totally late. =(

Edited by frankie

LOL sorry about that, Frankie! I just looked at what I posted and it does sound funky :). Apparently it comes out on DVD here on 22 December, so I will have to rent it.

I'm annoyed to find out that The Boat That Rocked is finally coming out here in the US but not until 13 November and under the title Pirate Radio. What is with the title change? And this movie was out in the UK back in April and we don't get it until now? I really don't understand movie distribution sometimes :irked:. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it since Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of my favorite actors.

Okay, now I'm discouraged. I was sitting in the car dealership yesterday and saw a review of Pirate Radio (aka The Boat That Rocked) in the newspaper. The reviewer gave it 1.5 our of 4 stars! He basically said that seeing Pirate Radio is a combination of all the boring parts of Almost Famous and the lamest bits of Animal House. Oh, and would only be worthwhile if you punched yourself in the face before you walked into the theatre. I laughed out loud at that last comment and the other people looked at me funny, LOL.

Seriously though, I think some of you guys have seen it, right? Did you honestly think it was this bad?

Honestly Chrissy I'm not really big on reading critics and their reviews so I don't know if this guy's thoughts and mine normally match. Every once in awhile I find myself reading them when I know it's a film I want to see, which is probably the wrong time to read them! :smile2:

I'm glad you've heard good things though, and really, how can you go wrong with that cast?

I'm looking forward to Paranormal Activity when it comes out at the end of November. I just hope it's not another Blair Witch. I thought that was really disappointing. The whole thing just annoyed me.

I want to see it too Andrea, I got a fright from the trailer :smile2: but like your good self, I hope its not another Blair Witch :lol: