What are your guilty pleasures?

bookwormmum

Cheers Nici, I will give it a bash !! Once I've cleaned this damn chocolate off my face !! I am currently sporting a mask of choc like a two year old !!! it's at times like this I remember my mum getting out a tissue, spitting on it dragging it across my face to try to make me look presentable !!! If she could see me now she'd be mortified :D

Thanks bookwormmum, i don't mean to be funny it just sort of randomly happens !! :D

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chocolate and peanut butter- peanut butter with chocolate , well there are no words to describe how absolutely sinful and wonderful that combination is:D

Oooh that sounds nice! :D

Is it anything like a starbar?

:D:lol: at Bev. You crack me up! :mad::lol:

You know what a Starbar is!!!! Everyone looks at me like I'm mad when I rave about them!!! :mad:

Of course! :D Are they not a common thing on the mainland? Goodness me you can buy them everywhere here. If they haven't tried a Starbar they don't know what they're missing! All that delicious chocolate, caramel, nutty centre and chewy texture ..... mmm I want one now!!:D

Of course! :D Are they not a common thing on the mainland? Goodness me you can buy them everywhere here. If they haven't tried a Starbar they don't know what they're missing! All that delicious chocolate, caramel, nutty centre and chewy texture ..... mmm I want one now!!:D

You can get them, but usually hiding in the mountains of Mars, Snickers, twix etc so you have to hunt to find them with the more common & promoted stuff.

I'm another Starbar fan. :D Yum.

Have you tried Peanut Kitkat chunky bars - they're lush too!

Ooh no I haven't. I have seen them, just haven't tried them. Are they as sickening as starbars, if you know what I mean, not sickening sickening but slightly sickening??? :D

Have you tried Peanut Kitkat chunky bars - they're lush too!

A colleague and I were talking about Chunky KitKats at work the other day, the conversation went something like this:

Me: I think I'll have a Chunky KitKat.

Steve*: I don't like Chunky KitKats, I find them a bit sickly. I do like Chunky Peanut KitKats though . . .

What?!!!

*Name not changed, I see no reason to protect the guilty!

Ooh no I haven't. I have seen them, just haven't tried them. Are they as sickening as starbars, if you know what I mean, not sickening sickening but slightly sickening??? :D

They're not as claggy as a Starbar, but they're lush - I recommend them. :D

We get two digestives with marshmellows squashed in the middle and then we microwave them! :D YUM.

:yahoo:Tried it !!! Yep works for me, very yummy. Word of warning tho they prob work out better if they're NOT choc digestives,no matter how much you lick you still can't get rid of all the chocolate !! :she: But hey I was desperate !! Shopping list for tomorrow will include marshmellows & PLAIN digestives !!! I'm gonna blame you Nici when my thunder thighs won't fit in my jeans!!! :mad: Elasticated waistband required for Fat Bum Bev !!!:D

:yahoo:Tried it !!! Yep works for me, very yummy. Word of warning tho they prob work out better if they're NOT choc digestives,no matter how much you lick you still can't get rid of all the chocolate !! :mad: But hey I was desperate !! Shopping list for tomorrow will include marshmellows & PLAIN digestives !!! I'm gonna blame you Nici when my thunder thighs won't fit in my jeans!!! :D Elasticated waistband required for Fat Bum Bev !!!:D

Don't have a microwave but do have the marshmallows and digestives...would it take too long in the oven...:she:

• 4 months later...

I have a couple;

- Stargate (haha!) i used to convince myself i hated it, but somehow found myself sitting there watching with interest even when i moaned about how stupid a part was

- Cheese doritoes, they make me sick but i must have them!

- Toasties with lots of butter and things stacked inside, it's so unhealthy i know, but yummy!

- I really like clothes shopping, i know it's apparently not normal for a guy to, but i could browse shops quite happily for a long time looking at things and thinking what i might want to wear, it didn't even used to bother me when i was wandering around clothes shops with my ex.

- Harry Potter, i say this because it's so common and clich

Edited by Rawr

I have a couple;

- Stargate (haha!) i used to convince myself i hated it, but somehow found myself sitting there watching with interest even when i moaned about how stupid a part was

- Cheese doritoes, they make me sick but i must have them!

Haha I agree with the stargate, my brother and friends watched SG1 all the time and I thought for gods sake will you turn it over so many times. But I have been addicted to stargate atlantis lately and watched them all and have an urge to go watch all of SG1 too.

And cheesy dorritos :yes: divine, I can only have them with elderflower juice from tesco for 97p, washes them down perfectly.

Can't really think what my guilty pleasures are apart from chinese takeaway, when I don't know what to have and I have money I'll get it - chilli shredded beef with either chicken chow mein or chicken fried rice and crispy seaweed and seasame prawn toast...mmmmmm, i do share ofcourse I'm not that greedy.

Oh and I adore fudge bars and seeing as they are only 15p I tell myself buying a couple is more justified than buying one bar when it really makes no difference.

Green tea is also amazing, one by jacksons - that with some fig buiscuits to dunk is happiness

Walkers Sensations Roasted Chicken & Thyme crisps - I could eat an entire bag on my own (& I mean one of the big bags!)

Snickers chocolate bars (even better if there was no chocolate on them!)

Tim Horton's French Vanilla Cappuccino (my family send me tins of it from home)

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream

None of the above do I EVER buy for myself as if I did, well, I'd be even more over weight than I already am, :yes:, but the cappuccino is a nice treat every once in a while (have to ration it as the container isn't that large & it's expensive to post from Canada)