What are your guilty pleasures?

bookwormmum

That sounds rather fabulous!

If I'm making toasties I usually toast one side of a slice of bread under the grill, then I turn it over and put grated cheese, tomato ketchup and onion on top of the ungrilled side and grill it until the cheese melts. Then I put another slice of toast on top of that and it's done.

You can buy toasty makers though where you put the ingredients inbetween two slices of bread and it's basically like a Forman grill that closes on top of the sandwich and toasts it until the cheese has melted.

Oh! Like a panini? There is a little place I like to go that has a tomato, basil and mozzerella one that is delish!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I suppose it's pretty similar to a panini but not as posh ;)

I love tomato, basil and mozzerella paninis. There's a little coffee shop in town called Blakes and they sell gorgeous sandwiches including paninis like this :lol: It's too easy to spend a few hours in there eating cake and drinking coffee with a book though :lol: (another guilty pleasure!)

Watching The Hills on TV. The self-absorbed lives of adolescents :)

I don't know how people can watch that.

I guess it's a bit like when I used to watch 'My Super Sweet 16' or whatever it was called, the show with spoiled brats requesting world famous entertainers for their personal-invite only red carpet parties :)

I just don't understand how ANYONE can have such a sense of self-importance!

I don't know how people can watch that.

That's why it's a guilty pleasure. :) I just kind of sit there in shock thinking 'Are they for real? Are people really like this?'

It's also good for one's self-esteem. When I compare myself to them, well, I suddenly start to feel very smart and worthwhile. :)

Mmmm coffee. And lots of it. And the chocolate chip cookies I made today, I know they're bad for you (I mean, they're sugar and chocolate, mainly), but yumm. Made them cause my brother loves em so, but well, me too.

Bad Renate, no cookie. Oh, wait. Cookies were the problem.

:D

I tried to make cookies for the first time a few months ago and the mixture was a rad too runny. I basically ended up with one huge super cookie :D:lol:

I watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians and hate myself a little bit after watching it :) Also America's Next Top Model too :)

I watch those too, and The Girls Next Door. :) Its like an alien world.

:) I think they're just shows that take zero brain power to watch. So after a day of studying or working you can just lose yourself for an hour or two :D

You can miss half an hour of the Kardashian's show and not miss anything :)

They have a marathon on here tonight for the season finale (Kourtney is having the baby). After about 4 hours of it going while I was cleaning/puttering around, I still have no idea what is happening this season. :)

They have a marathon on here tonight for the season finale (Kourtney is having the baby). After about 4 hours of it going while I was cleaning/puttering around, I still have no idea what is happening this season. :)

:) Well I think I've just recorded the latest episode at some point tonight. The latest episode being the one with a charity boxing match (??) It was advertised by showing a clip of Kim Kardashian being punched in the face by a rather rough looking woman :D Now that's what I call entertainment!

:) Well I think I've just recorded the latest episode at some point tonight. The latest episode being the one with a charity boxing match (??) It was advertised by showing a clip of Kim Kardashian being punched in the face by a rather rough looking woman :) Now that's what I call entertainment!

Ooh! I've seen that one and its actually really good! The end made me cry (you'll see why).

Ooh! I've seen that one and its actually really good! The end made me cry (you'll see why).

Cry with sadness or cry with laughter?

I also feel so sorry for poor Bruce. He has no control in that relationship at all does he :)

• 1 month later...

Oh dear I have an all new guilty pleasure - Jersey Shore on MTV :lol: Has anybody else seen it?? Really it's terrible but I find it strangely compulsive.

I hate you MTV for making these rubbish programmes that I can't stop watching!!!:)

Oh dear I have an all new guilty pleasure - Jersey Shore on MTV :lol: Has anybody else seen it?? Really it's terrible but I find it strangely compulsive.

I hate you MTV for making these rubbish programmes that I can't stop watching!!!:)

:D I've watched it too. What a trashy show :lol: Quite incredibly BF was the one who started watching it and I was like "no way am I going to watch this with you". A little after that I was hooked :) Poor Situation, he's so clueless about everything, he's thinks he's the ****.