What are your guilty pleasures?

bookwormmum

I don't know how many italians do funny voice to talk to their pets.. but here is the embarassing part of me.

I buy horrible, disgusting socks everytime I can find a pair. Striped are my favourite BUT only if the colours didn't match.. such as purple and orange or shocking green and scarlett. I love socks with cartoons characters too .. well, most of the time socks are hidden from views,obviously, but try to imagine the looks doctors give to my feet whenever they have to visit me!!

What is more.. I imagine myself in a music video when I walk with my mp3 on. Oh my.. I can't believe I really write it down.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JLS are a English boy band, they did well on the UK X Factor and have been uber popular ever since.. they just announced they are splitting up later in the year though.. 

Ah, alright! :D I wonder if Laura's only admiring their singing abilities or whether the boys are dishy... :lol:

Here you go.. I was actually at this concert with my older two... (the things we do for our children!) :D

Are you sure it wasn't the other way around... :giggle2: Thanks for the link, they're not half bad actually! Listenable, dancable music, nice looking young blokes who can sing and dance... :) Not my type of music but I can see why people would go for it!

I've been to 3 concerts over recent years, the one above with my older two, One Direction with Maddie and a friend.  The only concert I chose to go to was Muse at Wembley Stadium with a friend, that was more my idea of fun! :D

Thought of you today when I was listening to Young The Giant while working out at the gym.. Must look them up to see if they are performing in the UK anytime soon...

Two of my guilty pleasures (music wise) would have to be Whitney Houston (great 80's Diva) and Rhydian, another X Factor success, not massively successful but i just loooovvve his voice, and he is welsh which is always a plus in my opinion. :)

I've been to 3 concerts over recent years, the one above with my older two, One Direction with Maddie and a friend.  The only concert I chose to go to was Muse at Wembley Stadium with a friend, that was more my idea of fun! :D

I've only just recently listened to Muse, I liked the songs I listened to but have kind of forgotten to listen to more of their tunes. I should rectify that some day :)

Thought of you today when I was listening to Young The Giant while working out at the gym.. Must look them up to see if they are performing in the UK anytime soon...

Me? Why is that, I don't think I've ever even heard of Young The Giant...? :)

I've only just recently listened to Muse, I liked the songs I listened to but have kind of forgotten to listen to more of their tunes. I should rectify that some day :)

Me? Why is that, I don't think I've ever even heard of Young The Giant...? :)

Muse are fantastic, a lot of their older stuff is better than the new..

Hmm, I thought I got Young The Giant from you.. maybe it was Peace..?  Maybe give them a try too then! :D

Hmm, I thought I got Young The Giant from you.. maybe it was Peace..?  Maybe give them a try too then! :D

Maybe it was Peace, she's big on music and would have a lot of recommendations, I'm sure! (I'm still happy to have been thought of by you, but I won't take the credit :D) Okay I'm adding Young the Giant to the list of bands I'm going to look up and listen to (as well as re-adding Muse) :lol:

Edited by frankie

Excellent, while you're there add Jace Everett (he did the theme to True Blood)  I've only found one other person who likes him as much as I do and he works at the record company that produces his songs!  Would be great to find someone else who likes him too.. :)

Eleonora - I like socks with cartoon characters too.  As I wear skirts most of the time I don't wear them much though.

80s music - especially bugging my kids by playing it loud and singing along.

Playground swings, which is kind of wierd because I hated them when I was a kid.

And TV - quiz shows (I tape them when they're on because we don't get many here) and Four Weddings.  I love it when the ones who spend thousands come last. :giggle2:

Eleonora - I like socks with cartoon characters too.  As I wear skirts most of the time I don't wear them much though.

This reminded me: poppyshake sent me really beautiful socks with a picture of fox on them for Christmas! They are adorable :smile2:

80s music - especially bugging my kids by playing it loud and singing along.

I like 80s, too, but I'm more into 90s. Luckily I live alone so I'm not bugging anyone (except for the neighbors, maybe :giggle2:)

And TV - quiz shows (I tape them when they're on because we don't get many here) and Four Weddings.  I love it when the ones who spend thousands come last. :giggle2:

:D Too right! And I like it when the cocky ones who complain about other people's weddings don't win. If I entered the show, I'd go in with an open mind and try to enjoy everyone's wedding, I wouldn't try and find fault in everything! :rolleyes:

And that reminds me: my other guilty pleasure of the moment: watching The Real Housewives of Orange County. This is really embarrassing :blush: It's the last episode tonight, I'm hating it that it's coming to an end!

Yes, you should :yes:

Yeah, the last couple of albums have been under par.  I've seen them five times, and they've started to pale a little, for me, on the last couple of tours - too much new material and not enough old.  Last year's show at the O2 was enough for me to decide not to go again (unless a forthcoming album is a return to form).

Laura, what's JLS, if I may ask? :)

Eleonora, life can get really boring so why not have funky socks :D It's good to shake things up a little bit!

Ok just popped into this thread and came across lots of JLS loveliness! :D :D :D They are indeed a british boy-band and i do have to say they are rather lovely :) Also one of them, Aston, is from the town next to where I'm from so its a bit of a local connection too :)

Ok just popped into this thread and came across lots of JLS loveliness! :D :D :D They are indeed a british boy-band and i do have to say they are rather lovely :) Also one of them, Aston, is from the town next to where I'm from so its a bit of a local connection too :)

Yep, isn't it lovely to have mentioned something and then other people search for the videos and then you can just come back in and kick back and watch and listen :D

That's pretty cool about Aston, that's always an added bonus :)

Yep, isn't it lovely to have mentioned something and then other people search for the videos and then you can just come back in and kick back and watch and listen :D

That's pretty cool about Aston, that's always an added bonus :)

It is indeed hehe, watching the videos does make me a little sad that they are splitting up now! hehe

My mum gets really annoyed when he does the backflips on the tv, shes always like, here he goes again hehe :P

I know lots and lots of people do this one: sing along to music and pretend it's their songs, performing it with whatever "microphone" they can find. And dancing along sometimes too. 
Right now, all Lana Del Rey songs are mine! :)

• 4 weeks later...