What's the last CD you 'bought'?

Michelle

I bought The Feelings album today :) I love them. I already had their first album.

My eldest went to see them here in Aberdeen last week......he said they were really good.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My eldest went to see them here in Aberdeen last week......he said they were really good.

I'm so jealous. I would love to see them - I think they're fantastic!

I bought Girls Aloud greatest hits yesterday, and I got the Oliver soundtrack free in the Sunday Mail (the only reason I bought the paper)

I'm so jealous. I would love to see them - I think they're fantastic!

He also saw them at T in the Park in the summer, which kinda prompted him to go see them here and it was also his friends 18th and he bought him the ticket for his birthday.

• 2 weeks later...

The last CD i bought was Brand X Misery by a band called Cire.

They are a good progressive rock band with grunge and alt/rock influences. Very 'underground' band. If Tool and Rage Against the Machne were ever mixed into one super band, Cire is what they'd sound like. :D

The last thing i *cough*downloaded*cough* was the full alice in chains discography, as ive never took the time to actually listen to them :)

A lot of music for me this week:

Sandra Nasic - The Signal (Guano apes's vocalist's solo album)

Live: Throwing Copper

Skin: Fleshwounds (Skunk Anansie's vocalist's solo album)

Sixx A.M: The Heroin Diaries

The Sounds: Dying To Say This To You (An excellent Swedish band)

Unusual - but excellent - picks for this forum, Peacefield. Julie London was a hugely talented singer who, these days, tends to be written off as "easy listening", but there was so much more to her.

I approve!

Thanks! Julie's great. I started listening to her quite a few years ago when my mom dug out all her old albums. I grew up around this stuff since my dad was a jazz musician, but of course I never fully appreciated it until I left home. Silly kid! :)

I'm impressed! Would we know him?

No, probably not. He played locally here for most of his life, and before that he was in Southern Cal in the 50's but just getting started. I've heard some fun stories though of him seeing some greats while in LA way back when.