What's the last CD you 'bought'?

Michelle

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seth Lakeman - 'Poor Man's Heaven' It is brilliant. He plays the fiddle but also sings at the same time. Think he was on at Glastonbury. Heard him for the first time on highlights and saw a CD and promptly bought it. Great for driving to.

Anjunabeats 100: Mixed by Above & Beyond and Drum & Vass Arena: Mixed by Friction and Fabio (the latter will be returned and removed from my iPod because the tunes featured do not match my preferred style of D&:).

Trance is in fact my favourite genre of music, however I do enjoy D&B and I am having to get into it more as the main protagonist in a story I am writing is a drum & bass DJ.

Do you have many albums by Deborah Conway? I don't really know any of her music but I'm sure it was her whose song I heard several years back and really liked it. I've been meaning to try and track down some of her stuff. Any recommendations?

I do have a few Deborah Conway Cd's:

String of Pearls

The Songs of Patsy Cline

Summertown is her latest

Deborah Conway is such an interesting artist; a few years back she was involved in the stage production of "Doing Time with Patsy Cline", it was a tribute play paying homage to Patsy Cline's life and music and Deborah was absolutely brilliant as Patsy! I think out of all her Cd's this one would be my favourite.

In recent years she has been involved in the stage production of Broad; I don't know if you have heard of it Kylie? Every couple of years Deborah puts together a group of emerging young Australian female musicians and songwriters from different musical styles and influences and they travel Australia doing a series of concerts, it's a really eclectic mix of contemporary folk, jazz and country.

I went to see her fourth production of Broad on Friday night and had a wonderful time, she had such an interesting mix of women with her this time. One artist that I particularly enjoyed and I have a feeling that you might like her, was Laura Jean, she described her music style as chamber folk.

Edited by shelbel