What's the last CD you 'bought'?

Michelle

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought two CDs the other day.

One was an experimental jazz album called Saloua by Erik Truffaz. He's a trumpet player I'd never heard of before, but I liked the samples on amazon.com, so I bought it. It's a little spacey but good.

The other one was A Decade of Hits (1969 - 1979) by the Allman Brothers Band. Good stuff. :-)

I think our most recent one was the entire album by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (it was after seeing that Xmas lights to music thing) - it was amazing.

Before that, it was the Gorillaz' latest album & a bunch of random stuff by Rammstein (which has had me screaming "Bang Bang!" at obscure moments ever since - LOL!).

I just bought 4:

Chavez Ravine by Ry Cooder

Illinoise by Sufjan Stevens

Dimanche a Bamako by Amadou and Mariam

and

LoveKraft by the Super Furry Animals.

That's the trouble with Christmas shopping. Get me into the shops and I buy loads of stuff for myself.

Oops.

All of them are excellent. The Amadou and Mariam is chilled out African party music. Probably the best (possibly the record of 2005) is the Sufjan Stevens one, although it won't be to everyone's taste. Acoustic and mellow and quite odd.

• 10 months later...

Hello...

The last cd,well cds I bought were:

The Black Keys - Magic Potion

Jet - Shine On

I have to say both are great albums!:)

I bought a cd on ebay recently. I borrowed a cd from my Mum (without asking), and ended up leaving home with it (5 years ago). After I split with the boyfriend and moved to live on my own, I discoved that the box was empty - both cds were missing!

I've spent about 2/3 years looking for a replacement and finally found it! I don't think my Mum even realises the thing's missing though . . . might just keep it.

I bought a cd on ebay recently. I borrowed a cd from my Mum (without asking), and ended up leaving home with it (5 years ago). After I split with the boyfriend and moved to live on my own, I discoved that the box was empty - both cds were missing!

I've spent about 2/3 years looking for a replacement and finally found it! I don't think my Mum even realises the thing's missing though . . . might just keep it.

:) Whoops! Just out of interest, what was it?

The last two CDs I bought were 'The Best of Elo' and Ta-dah! by the Scissor Sisters.

The last two CDs I bought were 'The Best of Elo' and Ta-dah! by the Scissor Sisters.

Ta-Dah is a great album! I love listening to it - rarely has it come out of the CD player since I bought it. 'Course, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Let us know what you think of it.

Ta-Dah is a great album! I love listening to it - rarely has it come out of the CD player since I bought it. 'Course, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Let us know what you think of it.

I love it - it's seldom out of my CD player either! :)

• 2 months later...

A couple of CD's I've bought fairly recently, that had good reviews but which I'm a bit disappointed in are 'The Road to Escondido' by J.J.Cale and Eric Clapton, and 'Modern Times' by Bob Dylan. I'm a fan of these guys from way back and like their laid-back style. But honestly, if JJ got any more laid back in this album, he'd be falling asleep and toppling off his stool. It just somehow lacks the toe-tapping rhythm of his earlier albums.

Bob Dylan sounds surprisingly like Willie Nelson in some of his songs and his usual grit seems to be missing.

Hear Tony Joe White is putting out a new one soon, so am hoping for a good swampy rock sound from him.

On a completely different note, acquired 'Light Grenades' by Incubus. A lot of their music is fairly heavy but 'Light Grenades' is a much softer sound and by far my favourite album.

Last CD I bought was Jamiroquai High Times - Singles 1992 - 2006. I'd been waiting ages for them to release a greatest hits album - I like a lot of their singles but haven't liked much I've heard off their albums. Have to say I've hardly listened to it because I got 12 Stops and Home by The Feeling for Christmas, which I love and just seem to want to listen to all the time!

Snap Acesare! the last cd I bought was 'High Times'. I have had The Feeling's album for about a month now and I really like it too.