What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week's Wolf Hall followed by this week's The Walking Dead.  From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Watched the newest ep of The Walking Dead. You might enjoy this one a bit more, Karsa. ;)

I have no idea why you'd think that :lol:

:o What was ridiculous about it? Or are you just talking about the zombieness of the show compared to Wolf Hall?

Yeah, that's what I meant, although I didn't think it was much better than last week's :shrug:

Best bit of the episode was the punch.  He should've punched him sooner  :giggle2:  I'm really hoping they'll pick things up a bit soon, like having Alexandria turn out to be some kind of Utopia, but then Rick's paranoia turns him completely mad and he kills everyone.  The cast needs thinning out quite a bit, imo - way too many dull characters standing around doing nothing at the moment.

You're hard to please, Steve! :P

I'm getting sick of Rick. He always makes lousy choices and has to be talked around by others. (Go Michonne!) I hated the punch. It just wasn't necessary. I don't like seeing characters die, but yes, there are rather a lot of them now. Rick gets too much airtime and all of the others suffer. There are so many strong characters in the group, but no one stands up to Rick's douche-baggery (except Michonne. You go girl!) I want to see more Carol and Daryl. :( I didn't really like it when the characters were split into separate groups, but now I kind of wish they'd split up again. At least we'd then get to see an episode that focuses on just a few of them at a time.

You're hard to please, Steve! :P

I'm really not, given some of the other stuff I watch :lol:

I'm getting sick of Rick. He always makes lousy choices and has to be talked around by others. (Go Michonne!) I hated the punch. It just wasn't necessary. I don't like seeing characters die, but yes, there are rather a lot of them now. Rick gets too much airtime and all of the others suffer. There are so many strong characters in the group, but no one stands up to Rick's douche-baggery (except Michonne. You go girl!) I want to see more Carol and Daryl. :( I didn't really like it when the characters were split into separate groups, but now I kind of wish they'd split up again. At least we'd then get to see an episode that focuses on just a few of them at a time.

Oh the punch was completely necessary, the guy was far too reasonable to be trusted, given the situation.  Rick's one of the few characters whose motivations I understand.  After everything that happened with the Governor and the prison, then Terminus, then the hospital, his paranoia and refusal to trust anyone outside the group is one of the few believable things about the show, for me at least.  Carol and Daryl I understand less and less.  Carol says to Rick 'Even when you're wrong, you're right', oslt, and yet neither of them piped up at all during the rest of the episode, even when Michonne stood up to him.  Some strange decisions going on in the writing process, I think.

Today I re-watched the first episode of Baantjer, the TV series based on the books. I remember seeing this episode before, but I didn't remember much of it before I started to watch it so it was really enjoyable to see it again. I love the shots of Amsterdam and the music. Most of the actors do a great job in my opinion. My sister has some of the series on DVD which I have borrowed. Unfortunately she doesn't have everything, she didn't buy the later seasons because she had just seen them on TV. Good old '90s and 2000s Dutch TV.

We're almost at the end of season three of Smallville. Should have it finished in a few weeks (we'll watch the last few episodes when my boyfriend is back) ....

Only another seven series of pretty much the same antics to go then!  Do me a favour whilst you are watching the rest of it, please keep a tally of how many times lead characters get KO'd so they don't see Clark save the day.  That show is responsible for some pretty serious head-trauma!

Wolf Hall finale .. oh my .. distressing stuff. Hurry up Hilary .. let's have the rest :D

Agreed.

:lol: :lol: (sorry if I was out of line laughing like that, my computer doesn't 'translate' those emoticons of yours :blush: I think you've sent the post via cellphone?)

No, not out of line at all.. It was just funny, never have I met a girl less suited to menial work than Maddie.. She needs to marry a prince or at worst a footballer! :D (is that better? Sorry, didn't realise the emoticons I was using weren't working!) :)

No, not out of line at all.. It was just funny, never have I met a girl less suited to menial work than Maddie.. She needs to marry a prince or at worst a footballer! :D (is that better? Sorry, didn't realise the emoticons I was using weren't working!) :)

:lol: She'll learn in time, I suppose! Or get a maid... I know I was helpless myself and couldn't be bothered when I was her age! And now I can pretty much look after myself... So there's hope :D (Yep, the emoticons are working now! :))

Ooh, where are you up to? Season 6 part two starts here next week.. The Originals part two was back on Tuesday so I've had my Klaus fix.. Swoon!!!

I watched about 5 episodes in a row, so I'm all caught up now! The last one was S06E15. :)

I watched the first couple of episodes of The Originals, but then I got sidetracked with other stuff (and obviously I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with TVD :D). I'll have to start from the beginning again one day and binge-watch both seasons. :) Is it as good as TVD?

I didn't realise they were both starting again over here.  Managed to find The Originals on demand, so I'll watch that this afternoon and I won't miss any.

Kylie, I actually prefer The Originals to TVD … I think TVD is ok, but for me it feels like it's lost its way a bit.