What are you watching now? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you like it vf? I love it...after it i read the book...splendid stuff all round. Many of the events are somewhat mangled up in a diff way to the book but hey so what

Hi it'smeagain yes it was very well filmed. I haven't actually read the book The only Dickens I have read is Great Expectations at school. I finished watching it but am watching it all over again now with Big Daughter a couple of episodes a week. I have quite a few DVDs of Victorian series to get through.  

Catching up on the last few episodes of Big Bang Theory season 7.

I can't wait to see more of season 7 when I have the Blu-ray at my next birthday in a couple of months. Is it good so far (without spoilers)?

Yeah, it's scary how dependent upon it I've become  :hide:  :lol:  I timeshift practically all the shows I watch, so there was quite a bit recorded on there :rolleyes:

I'm using Sky Go for the first time to catch up on some of the stuff I lost (including Prisoners of War, which I'm watching now :smile:  ).

Nooo, nightmare ! :hide:   This is what puts me off switching from my VCR. :blush2:

I`m up to ep 9 of POW now, great stuff. :D

Nooo, nightmare ! :hide:   This is what puts me off switching from my VCR. :blush2:

It wasn't too bad really.  It's a long time since I've recorded stuff to keep, cos I very rarely re-watch things these days.  Most of the stuff I lost I got back off on-demand or watched on Sky Go.  It was only the Super Saturday highlights from the Olympics that I'm feeling a bit sad to lose, but then I do have a lot of it on the blu-ray so it's not all bad - just missing the interviews, really.   

I`m up to ep 9 of POW now, great stuff. :D

I'm a couple of eps behind but yeah, it's fantastic :smile:

Also watching season 1 of Vikings, which is brilliant :cool:

And, for some reason, I'm still watching 24: Live Another Day, which is rubbish :giggle2:

I rather enjoyed something which happened in the latest one... :giggle2:

Chloe and her wasp-chewing-face make me tune in. ;)

She's not as funny now she's gone Goth :(  :lol:

Also watching season 1 of Vikings, which is brilliant :cool:

And, for some reason, I'm still watching 24: Live Another Day, which is rubbish :giggle2:

Oh- guilty pleasures, what would we do without them? :smile:

I am really liking The Vikings, I just started the first free episode of Season 1 on Amazon.  Are/ have you been watching the Rome series?

Oh- guilty pleasures, what would we do without them? :smile:

I am really liking The Vikings, I just started the first free episode of Season 1 on Amazon.  Are/ have you been watching the Rome series?

Yeah, I'm steadily working through Rome - got it on blu-ray and finished the first season, still got season 2 to watch.  Season 1 was fantastic  :smile:

Yeah, I'm steadily working through Rome - got it on blu-ray and finished the first season, still got season 2 to watch.  Season 1 was fantastic  :smile:

For some reason, the close captioning wasn't working on the first free Kindle episode of Rome, so it was a bit hard for me to follow ep. 1.  It looks good though.  I am going to try Season 1, ep 2 of Under The Dome tonight if I feel like it after fireworks (today is Independence Day in the US).  But I'm still loving The Vikings.

In preparation for season 3 on DVD we've started to watch Death in Paradise from the beginning. My boyfriend hadn't seen it before so I wanted him to first see the first two seasons. I quite enjoy seeing it again, I love the series (and am excited to watch the third season though it's a shame Ben Miller isn't in it much anymore since I think he's a great actor).

In preparation for season 3 on DVD we've started to watch Death in Paradise from the beginning. My boyfriend hadn't seen it before so I wanted him to first see the first two seasons. I quite enjoy seeing it again, I love the series (and am excited to watch the third season though it's a shame Ben Miller isn't in it much anymore since I think he's a great actor).

I`ve been watching the repeats on TV ; it`s a lot of fun. :smile:

I finished S2 of Orphan Black - brilliant ! So pleased it`s been renewed. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to watch another episode of The Office (US). Damn this is a good show! And this is a weird episode I'm about to see:

Michael's left, and Deangelo is the new boss

:hide:

Edited by frankie

We rewatched the first episode yesterday of Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances. It's an anime TV show from 2002, based on a manga series (I plan to re-read it soon). I've seen it several times and the first time I saw it was around the time I fell in love with my boyfriend, if I'm not mistaken, so I have many happy memories of it :smile2:. It's a love story about two very smart people who go to high school together and about their friends etc.

Lately though because of my medication I haven't felt up for watching much :(. So I was glad I was able to watch half an hour yesterday even if my thoughts did wonder from time to time. There are lots of DVDs I want to watch though.