What are you watching now? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ducktales. Grew up with Ducktales, love it forever.

I watched it too when I was a child!

Yesterday we watched an episode of Chobits. We're over half way now. It'll be interesting to see how everything's wrapped up.

Vast amounts of Melissa & Joey, `cos E4 are showing 10 eps per week.  ^_^

I've been watching that on my iPad at night, and I finished that last one available in the On Demand service last night which is series 2, episode 15 - hope that more will be available soon!  Might have to keep an eye on E4 to see if they have more episodes coming up that go beyond that.  Undemanding but entertaining :D

I've been watching that on my iPad at night, and I finished that last one available in the On Demand service last night which is series 2, episode 15 - hope that more will be available soon!  Might have to keep an eye on E4 to see if they have more episodes coming up that go beyond that.  Undemanding but entertaining :D

They seem to be several seasons behind ; I`m keeping my fingers crossed for more eps, it`s just a nice watch.  :smile:

I finally watched the last episode of season 2 of Prisoners of War the other night, which was awesome.  Can't remember the last time I was that tense watching a tv show :o  :hide:

Then I found out last night, via On Demand, that I've still got another episode to watch :blush2:  :giggle2:

I finally watched the last episode of season 2 of Prisoners of War the other night, which was awesome.  Can't remember the last time I was that tense watching a tv show :o  :hide:

Then I found out last night, via On Demand, that I've still got another episode to watch :blush2:  :giggle2:

I`ve still got eps 13 and 14 to see.  :smile:

I don't know if I should read Darkly Dreaming Dexter first or watch season 1 first or do both at the same time.  Any input?

This is a really tricky one! I honestly couldn't decide if I were to face those options for the first time. Luckily for me I caught the TV show by chance, first, and a year later discovered there was a novel :shrug::D

I think you can go either way. Are you particularly keen on visualizing the characters of novels in your head for yourself? Or is that all the same to you and you don't mind seeing the TV versions of them? I think you can go either way, whichever way feels better for you. 

Edit: I think I would almost suggest the TV series first. I don't know why, though. :shrug: But you can't really lose no matter what you decide! Well unless you don't like the book/the series. But then again, it's not losing, it's just not liking it. :lol:

Edited by frankie

I don't know if I should read Darkly Dreaming Dexter first or watch season 1 first or do both at the same time.  Any input?

I haven't seen Dexter so I can't comment on that particular show, but in general for both films and TV shows I prefer to read the book first. However, sometimes I do watch the film / TV series first :shrug:.

This is a really tricky one! I honestly couldn't decide if I were to face those options for the first time. Luckily for me I caught the TV show by chance, first, and a year later discovered there was a novel :shrug::D

I think you can go either way. Are you particularly keen on visualizing the characters of novels in your head for yourself? Or is that all the same to you and you don't mind seeing the TV versions of them? I think you can go either way, whichever way feels better for you. 

Edit: I think I would almost suggest the TV series first. I don't know why, though. :shrug: But you can't really lose no matter what you decide! Well unless you don't like the book/the series. But then again, it's not losing, it's just not liking it. :lol:

I'm liking it!  I watched 1/2 the first episode, before I didn't want too much given away from the book.  I started the Kindle Sample this am and liked it too but stopped

Stopped after his first kill of the priest

. Then I was thinking- which first?  :giggle2: I thought I could do both but from what I've read/ seen so far, the series sticks pretty close to the books, and I think I remember you said that in the bookadayuk thread.  I usually always read the book first before a movie, but recently am going to change this as I get let down by the movie.  I like all the internal stuff that the character can't do on the screen.  Still, I dunno if I want to read it and be prepared for the series or just grin and bear it through one closed eye as I watch :P    :dunno:

I'm liking it!  I watched 1/2 the first episode, before I didn't want too much given away from the book.  I started the Kindle Sample this am and liked it too but stopped

Stopped after his first kill of the priest

. Then I was thinking- which first?  :giggle2: I thought I could do both but from what I've read/ seen so far, the series sticks pretty close to the books, and I think I remember you said that in the bookadayuk thread.  I usually always read the book first before a movie, but recently am going to change this as I get let down by the movie.  I like all the internal stuff that the character can't do on the screen.  Still, I dunno if I want to read it and be prepared for the series or just grin and bear it through one closed eye as I watch :P    :dunno:

:lol: Oh dear! Well, I'd say don't overthink it, just get on with one or the other. I dare say if you're liking the series, just go ahead and start watching it. I'm thinking you can't resist watching quite a few of the episodes in a row.... :lol: