What are you watching now? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've watched a few things lately with the free Amazon Prime streaming.

A BBC presentation, The Hour, two seasons. Set in 1956 - 1957 showing the new (then) concept of an hour long news program. It was quite good, showing the journalists private lives alongside their pursuit of stories. It avoided the "soap opera" effect and managed to be extremely gripping.

Another BBC Presentstion was The State Within mostly set in the Washington D.C. British embassy. Terrorists, bombs, a plane crash, MI6 and the CIA running around....quite exciting. One seasons worth, 13 episodes.

Last night we watched the remake of The 39 Steps. Good, but a bit cliched and old fashioned in comparison to more modern, tightly wrapped stories of that type. The could have done with less romance and more mystery.

I LOVE QI. I don't really watch TV (I haven't had a signal on my TV for about 12 years) but I love catching up that show.

@Athena they get uploaded to youtube if you don't mind watching on there :)

I LOVE QI. I don't really watch TV (I haven't had a signal on my TV for about 12 years) but I love catching up that show.

@Athena they get uploaded to youtube if you don't mind watching on there :)

Thanks, I know but I'm not sure on the legality of it and YouTube doesn't always have good subtitles (I find it hard to follow without subtitles).

Finished the 1st season of Game Of Thrones, loved it.

Great :)!

I've been watching a quirky TV series I found on DVD in a charity shop called The Book Group.  Up to episode 4 now it's funny that the disparate characters talk about everything else except the books they are supposed to have read. It's growing on me. Has anybody else seen this? I don't know when it was on the telly. 

I watched it years ago when it was first on Channel 4 - the first series was brilliant, but the second didn't quite live up to it.  I think it was on maybe 15 years ago, but can't remember exactly.  We've got the DVD of series one somewhere, but haven't watched it since it was first out.  :smile: 

Watched the USA Eagles vs the All Blacks at Soldier Park in Chicago this morning on TV. It was a convincing win to the All Blacks, as was to be expected, but USA played a brave game and were no walk-over. The stadium was packed with 62,000 spectators which was pretty impressive given that rugby is a virtual unknown in the US.