What are you watching now? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished watching Lost. Brilliant series i think and im gutted that its finished,

I've just started watching this as it's now available through Amazon Prime. Good so far, and I'm lucky that I was never into it, so have no idea what it's about or what happens.

I've just started watching this as it's now available through Amazon Prime. Good so far, and I'm lucky that I was never into it, so have no idea what it's about or what happens.

Yeah i was the same, every time i thought i had it figured out something else would happen and i would be back to square one. But it is brilliant series.

Watched the first episode of The Strain the other night.  Pretty good - seemed to stick to the book quite closely, from what I can remember.  Hopefully it'll be a bit more exciting than the book in the long run!

Also watched the first episode of The Leftovers.  Any tv show that starts with a dog being shot - or any animal for that matter - and then ends with more being shot is most definitely not okay with me :censored:

Watched the first episode of The Strain the other night.  Pretty good - seemed to stick to the book quite closely, from what I can remember.  Hopefully it'll be a bit more exciting than the book in the long run!

There's a book? Coincidentally I watched the first episode a week ago and really liked it. :o I kinda want to watch the rest of the series, but I don't have the episodes... And I don't want to ask neighbor if I could come to his place to watch them :rolleyes::(:D 

There's a book? Coincidentally I watched the first episode a week ago and really liked it. :o I kinda want to watch the rest of the series, but I don't have the episodes... And I don't want to ask neighbor if I could come to his place to watch them :rolleyes::(:D

http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/11123-steves-bookshelf-2013/?p=371099

:smile:

Currently enjoying the new series Outlander, based on the book of the same name by Diana Gabaldon. Totally swooning over the delicious Jamie! ;)

That's great to hear! They'll be airing it here in about 2 weeks, I was thinking of watching the first episode to see if I'd like it (the book is on my TBR).

A few days ago, we finished watching Girls & Panzers: The OVA series, which was nice but I found the quality of the episodes (6 in total, each varying from 5 mins upto 18 mins in length) varied a lot. Some I really enjoyed, others I thought were just silly. I preferred the main TV series, I enjoyed that more (though they do nicely complement each other).

Currently enjoying the new series Outlander, based on the book of the same name by Diana Gabaldon. Totally swooning over the delicious Jamie! ;)

Do you find it is sticking close to the book?  Are they combining all the books, or part?

Season 3 of The Wire

Love this show.  We watched it all in a row a couple of years ago on DVD.  Good stuff!

I read some of the first book, but put it down.  I'm not sure I want to finish.  A bit icky.....

Well written, but still.  :(

Still watching Little Dorrit.  Andy Serkis is so over the top as the  French murderer Blandois. He must have had a lot of fun playing him. Alun Armstrong is great as the twin Flintwinch brothers. Matthew Macfayden floats well in his part that holds it all together . He conveys many emotions with just his eye movements.  As the old prisoner Tom Courtney flicks from frightened melancholy to indignant rage without warning and is totally convincing. It's like you can see his mind gradually going. 

Edited by vodkafan

Still watching Little Dorrit.  Andy Serkis is so over the top as the  French murderer Blandois. He must have had a lot of fun playing him. Alun Armstrong is great as the twin Flintwinch brothers. Matthew Macfayden floats well in his part that holds it all together . He conveys many emotions with just his eye movements.  As the old prisoner Tom Courtney flicks from frightened melancholy to indignant rage without warning and is totally convincing. It's like you can see his mind gradually going. 

Loved Little Dorrit .. thought it was just genius. Especially Tom Courtney, Eddie Marsan and Claire Foy. I'd seen it before but watched it via Kindle when I was in Paris feeling unwell .. I knew it would totally engross me and it did. You nearly always get a great cast when they adapt Dickens. Not long to go now before Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell or hopefully anyway .. I haven't heard anything about it in ages  :unsure:

Catching up with the Bake Off episodes :)  

Loved Little Dorrit .. thought it was just genius. Especially Tom Courtney, Eddie Marsan and Claire Foy. I'd seen it before but watched it via Kindle when I was in Paris feeling unwell .. I knew it would totally engross me and it did. You nearly always get a great cast when they adapt Dickens. Not long to go now before Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell or hopefully anyway .. I haven't heard anything about it in ages  :unsure:

Catching up with the Bake Off episodes :)  

I am also waiting with bated breath for Jonathan Strange...(What exactly does that mean? What is bated?). I think it's going to be part of the Christmas seasonal programs..not long now

edit: I looked up bated. If anybody is interested it is merely a shortened form of "abated" meaning interrupted or stopped or held short for a time. It is not to be confused with "baited" which has a totally different meaning and would make no sense when attached to "breath."

Edited by vodkafan