What are you watching now? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've started watching the original Upstairs, Downstairs on (gasp) VHS tape. :D  Yes, I've had them that long.

I remember those good old days :D, I had several shelves full of tapes.

We watched episode one of season five of Jonathan Creek. It was different from the other four seasons but it was still enjoyable, if not entirely as good as those earlier seasons.

Tonight, if I feel up for it, I hope to watch episode two of Bureau Raampoort.

I remember those good old days :D, I had several shelves full of tapes.

We watched episode one of season five of Jonathan Creek. It was different from the other four seasons but it was still enjoyable, if not entirely as good as those earlier seasons.

Tonight, if I feel up for it, I hope to watch episode two of Bureau Raampoort.

:D  Glad to hear I'm not a complete dinosaur!  :giggle:

VHS: the good old days of rewinding things really slowly.

I've been the most casual of watchers of The Good Wife since it started several years ago. I've always enjoyed watching it but have never been able to follow the overall plot because I miss too many episodes. So now I've finally gone back to season 1 and have started from the very beginning. I think Kalinda is such an interesting character. :)

I got up and OH already had the cricket on (second test of the Australia v India series), and then Sky Sports Darts HD channel launched this morning as the PDC World Darts Championship starts this evening - it's been on all morning, although I've been doing other stuff, so it's just on in the background, but they're showing highlights of all the final matches from the start of the championship back in 1994.  So basically, I'm watching sports! :roll::giggle2:

VHS: the good old days of rewinding things really slowly.

I've been the most casual of watchers of The Good Wife since it started several years ago. I've always enjoyed watching it but have never been able to follow the overall plot because I miss too many episodes. So now I've finally gone back to season 1 and have started from the very beginning. I think Kalinda is such an interesting character. :)

Love the series, we've watched the first five seasons, but I'm waiting for the sixth to complete, then binge watch. :D  This was our introduction to Alan Cummings.  He is marvelous!

Durrell's book of that title is terrific too poppy.

I know Sean!!! :yes:  I've read his whole series many times ( the other two, in case you haven't seen them, are Birds, Beasts, and Relatives and The Garden of the Gods ) They are probably my favourite books of all time, for feel-good, cheer-me-up, chillaxing :D Such a wonderfully funny, eccentric family and an idyllic setting.

Tremendous the way he describes the various animals, and also the funny people he meets. His book the Fon of Bafut, from Cameroon, is tremendous reading.

I think I read The Bafut Beagles and A Zoo In My Luggage where he met and visited the Fon. Very funny. I've read all the books I could find by him. The first I read at primary school but I can't remember which one it was.

Edited by poppy

Love the series, we've watched the first five seasons, but I'm waiting for the sixth to complete, then binge watch. :D This was our introduction to Alan Cummings. He is marvelous!

I had to look up who you meant, and yes, he is great! I'm still trying to work out whether he is more 'good' or more 'bad'. I guess one of the things I love about the show is the ambiguity of the characters. They are mostly 'good' but can disappoint with the decisions they make.

Yesterday we watched the first episode of Sherlock, season one. It was pretty good! I look forward to see the other two episodes. I also have the DVDs of season two and three so I look forward to see those too, in time.

Ooh, lucky! I totally love this show. All of the episodes are awesome. Cumberbatch and Freeman are wonderful.

I'm watching Christmas carols broadcast from Sydney.

So far I've watched:-

Breaking Bad S5

House of Cards USA S1 + 2

Thor

Dallas Buyers Club

Captain America

Avengers Assemble

The Hunt (Mads Mik, Norwegian with subs)

Luther S1 (Idris Elba)

Sin City

Thor: Hammer of the Gods (tvm)

I tried Sleepy Hollow and Elementary, but don't like them and I still have Hannibal S1 + 2 to watch

Are you watching every HP movie in one day? :o That sounds awesome. I wouldn't mind doing that myself one day.

I've been binge-watching The Good Wife. I'm up to episode 4 in season 2. I love Eli more and more. :)