• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's nice to hear, Karen :)!

Here's my progress for yesterday:

Friday 04-07-2014

60 mins, ~210 pages, Roald Dahl - Going Solo

50 mins, 136 pages, Ann M. Martin - BabySitter's Club 15: Little Miss Stoneybrook... and Dawn (re-read)

70 mins, 181 pages, A. C. Baantjer and Simon de Waal - De Waal & Baantjer 6: Een Mes in de Rug

Total: 3h, ~527 pages

I had a dip throughout the day and my mojo wasn't really feeling it (tbh, I wasn't really feeling it, I felt nauteous). It got better after a while and then I managed to read two more hours, but it's not as long as I would've hoped. The ~ is because I skipped/skimmed the last section of Going Solo, I didn't find it so interesting to be honest. All in all not a great day read-a-thon-wise.

Whether today and/or tomorrow will go better I don't know, I'll have to wait and see :shrug:. It's not nice but I don't need extra pressure of pushing myself into reading when I don't feel like it (the problem is I don't feel like anything so that makes things a bit more difficult).

I did enjoy the last two books I read, the re-read of the BSC was nice as always and the dectecive book (nr. 6 in the series) was very enjoyable.

LittlePixie, are you enjoying The Sum of Our Days :)?

Awww Anna sorry to hear that :(. Maybe you can join in one of the next ones?

Here's my progress for Saturday:

Saturday 05-07-2014

1h, 175 pages, Dagmar Geisler - Vriendjes Verboden

30 mins, 64 pages, George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels 1: A Game of Thrones Boek 1

15 mins, 41 pages, George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels 1: A Game of Thrones Boek 2

Total: 1h 45 mins, 413 pages

I didn't have great progress overall yesterday. I enjoyed reading what I did but a lot of other things came up. I'm just too tired to be forcing myself to do too many specific things, so I mainly did what I felt like at that moment (including lying down because I felt tired). So far today I've read 15 mins. I guess you can win every time :shrug:. I've got other issues on my mind atm that I consider more imporant. I'm not sure how much I'll be participating in August's one as I might be busy unpacking and decorating.

LittlePixie, are you enjoying The Sum of Our Days :)?

Thank you - yes, it was lovely. :D

Friday : 240 pages of The Sum of our Days ( Isabel Allende )

Saturday : the last 60 pages of The Sum of our Days, all of Italo Calvino`s Mr Palomar ( 118 pages ) , the last few pages of Aphrodite ( Isabel Allende ) ( maybe 40 pages )  and the first 63 pages of Mario Vargas Llosa`s Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter.

Sorry that your mojo was down this weekend, Gaia. :smile: 

Yesterday, I got up to page 218 of Aunt Julia and the Scripwriter, and also read Asterix the Gaul ( 48 pages ) and Asterix and the Golden Sickle ( 46 pages ).

Total for the weekend - 770 pages. :smile:

Hope everyone else had a good time. :D

Great progress Sarah :) (how were the Asterix books?)! Karen, how was your read-a-thon?

Here's my progress for Sunday:

Sunday 06-07-2014

15 mins, 23 pages, George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels 1: A Game of Thrones Boek 2

20 mins, 64 pages, Berthold Gunster - Omdenken

20 mins, 64 pages, Berthold Gunster - Omdenken in Relaties

35 mins, 63 pages, Sophie van der Stap - Buiten Spelen

35 mins, 62 pages, Virginia Andrews - De Beers 0: Duister Zaad

Total: 2h 5 mins, 276 pages

Total this read-a-thon: 6h 50 mins, ~1216 pages, 10 books read

Sunday was a better day, I enjoyed most of the books I read and mojo seemed to be feeling a bit better. It felt like I read more than on the previous two days, but I only read for just over 2 hours. Overall then this read-a-thon wasn't the most satisfying one for me. I did enjoy some of my reads (though not all), but somehow mojo just wasn't feeling it.

The next read-a-thon will take place on the 1rst 2nd 3rd of August. I might still be unpacking but if I feel like it I hope to be joining the next one.

Edited by Athena

The next read-a-thon will take place on the 1rst 2nd 3rd of August. I might still be unpacking but if I feel like it I hope to be joining the next one.

I can't believe its almost August already!  I'll be in, as it will be right before school starts.  I might be reading my text book, but I'll be in for August!

I'm glad to read that :). If I'm not mistaken my dad used to read them when he was younger. I haven't read them myself though I did see a few of the Asterix films and we had a video game for it on the CD-i.

I`ve just counted them and it`s 256. Eep. :blink:

Wow, that's a lot! I hope you enjoy reading them for the read-a-thon (and hopefully you find some nice ones in there, and perhaps some not so nice ones too).

Wow, that's a lot! I hope you enjoy reading them for the read-a-thon (and hopefully you find some nice ones in there, and perhaps some not so nice ones too).

I would`ve guessed around 100, so 256 was a bit scary. :o  :blush2:

Yes, hopefully I won`t find that I want to read all of them... :hide:

I would`ve guessed around 100, so 256 was a bit scary. :o  :blush2:

Yes, hopefully I won`t find that I want to read all of them... :hide:

I always keep a ton of Kindle Samples- that's how I keep track of books I want to read!  I don't think I could even survive without free Kindle Samples- in fact, I always read the Sample before buying the book!  Happy Reading!  You'll have fun finding tons of stuff in your Sample collection :readingtwo:

I didn't have great progress overall yesterday. I enjoyed reading what I did but a lot of other things came up. I'm just too tired to be forcing myself to do too many specific things, so I mainly did what I felt like at that moment (including lying down because I felt tired). So far today I've read 15 mins. I guess you can win every time :shrug:. I've got other issues on my mind atm that I consider more imporant. I'm not sure how much I'll be participating in August's one as I might be busy unpacking and decorating.

Awww  :empathy:  I hope you don't feel like you have to take part in each of the read-a-thons, just because you came up with the idea originally. We all have things that come up and can't always join the read-a-thon, no matter how much the ideal appeals to us. I hope you only join the read-a-thon when you feel like it!  :empathy:

Awww  :empathy:  I hope you don't feel like you have to take part in each of the read-a-thons, just because you came up with the idea originally. We all have things that come up and can't always join the read-a-thon, no matter how much the ideal appeals to us. I hope you only join the read-a-thon when you feel like it!  :empathy:

Thanks Frankie :). I haven't missed one yet so I kind of do feel like I have to take part.. but that's very true. I shouldn't pressure myself too much and only join because I feel like it. I guess the read-a-thon is becoming less unique to me because I keep choosing short reads that don't always interest me much, as well as that I read a lot outside of the read-a-thon days. I guess I'll see how things are going near the end of the month. I'll be busy with the bakery / moving in / unpacking / decorating so depending on how it goes I might either want a break from it or I might want to keep going. You're very friendly :hug:.

Reading is no fun if you feel like you have to do it.  :empathy:  And read-a-thon is every month so if one takes part in it each month it's quite a lot to do. You should definitely only do it when you really feel like it. And yes, you'll be having a lot of other things to do at the end of this month! It's a very exciting time for you, but it's also possibly rather stressful, so you really don't want to stress yourself over something like read-a-thon, as well. The read-a-thon will always be here when you have the time for it and when you really feel like it :)  :friends3: