Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

That's a lot! What did you think of the Jodi Picoult books?

Sorry, just saw you posted reviews already! Will read those instead :).

:o

I read 50%- 75% in 12 Years a Slave today.  So I'm almost done, but not having reached my goal of finishing it today.  I didn't read as much this read- a- thon as I'd liked- I was at my mom's and don't want to spend the whole time outside reading (too much going on in the house to read).

That's pretty good progress, though it's a shame you didn't hit your goal.

The next read-a-thon will take place 5th 6th 7th of September. I guess some of you will be busy with school/university/classes?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The next read-a-thon will take place 5th 6th 7th of September. I guess some of you will be busy with school/university/classes?

Yes, but I was thinking by then, I might need a break!  I might pick some short stories (maybe the Joe Hill ones) for the next one.  Or maybe Burnt Tongues (Chuck Palahniuk). 

Edited by Anna Begins

Yes, but I was thinking by then, I might need a break!  I might pick some short stories (maybe the Joe Hill ones) for the next one.  Or maybe Burnt Tongues (Chuck Palahniuk).

Sounds good! I just added some Joe Hill Kindle short stories to my wishlist yesterday.

Thanks :). That is true I guess. I just didn't feel like I have had a bookish weekend. I've mainly been feeling tired and been busy with other things. 

Awwww.

That's a lot! What did you think of the Jodi Picoult books?

I really liked the books! They were both fantastic. I have another Picoult one from the library waiting to be read. 

Sorry, just saw you posted reviews already! Will read those instead :).

That's pretty good progress, though it's a shame you didn't hit your goal.

Yes September will be difficult for me. I'll be at school, but I might try to get some reading done that weekend. If I remember  :smile:

Sounds good! I just added some Joe Hill Kindle short stories to my wishlist yesterday.

Yummy!  He also has a book of short stories, 20th Century Ghosts, I haven't read all of it, but what I have read (about 35%) has been good.  Also, In the Tall Grass is good/ weird, he wrote it with King.

I really liked the books! They were both fantastic. I have another Picoult one from the library waiting to be read. 

Yes September will be difficult for me. I'll be at school, but I might try to get some reading done that weekend. If I remember  :smile:

Glad to hear you liked them :). Which Picoult book? I hope you'll be able to join us, but even more I hope you'll do well in school :)

Yummy!  He also has a book of short stories, 20th Century Ghosts, I haven't read all of it, but what I have read (about 35%) has been good.  Also, In the Tall Grass is good/ weird, he wrote it with King.

Thanks Anna :)!

I didn`t get to any of my Kimples on Sunday, but read just over half of the next Louise Penny book, Bury Your Dead. That`s 634 pages over the weekend, plus 18 Kimples. Whoo ! :smile:

Well done to everyone else, too. :smile:

I`ll have another go at those Kimples in September.

Edited by Little Pixie

• 3 weeks later...

I just got excited and thought the read-a-thon was next weekend, but it turns out it's the weekend after that (5th 6th 7th of September), so I'm going to need to wait a bit longer. I don't know yet how it'll go for me, seeing as the last few times I wasn't really feeling up for it. We'll have to wait and see.

I should've read the Once series for September's.  I've been speedily reading them, yesterday (Friday) doing 224 pages, and 164 the day before!  So, I'm sorta doing the read a thon this week :D This is good progress for me!  Two book, two days, 388 pages!  (I didn't read during the car trip today)

I have NO idea what I will be reading for the read- a thon... I promised myself to start Trainspotting via audio and book as soon as I get paid, and do it straight through til I finish! :doh: Hopefully, I will be done with that by the read- a thon, cause no way am I read- a- thon-ing ( :giggle2: ) Trainspotting!!

Edited by Anna Begins

That's pretty quick reading! :D

I hope you enjoy whichever book(s) you pick :). I don't know Trainspotting, but I presume it's long and complicated?

I'll probably be reading some shorter books or short stories, but I haven't yet decided which ones exactly. I have some short stories on Kindle I want to read and I also have quite a few shorter paper books I want to read. I'll have to see what I feel like. The 'usual' pile I didn't find so interesting the past few read-a-thons, so I'm just going to see what I feel like, I think.

The read-a-thon is next weekend (5th 6th 7th), I'm looking forward to it and hope I'll do better and have more fun than the previous few times. I have some short stories on the Kindle I want to read as well as some shorter paper books I want to read. Aside from Anna (have you decided yet what to read?), will anyone else be joining?

The read-a-thon is next weekend (5th 6th 7th), I'm looking forward to it and hope I'll do better and have more fun than the previous few times. I have some short stories on the Kindle I want to read as well as some shorter paper books I want to read. Aside from Anna (have you decided yet what to read?), will anyone else be joining?

I'm in a Chuck Palahniuk mood lately, so maybe Choke or Rant: The Oral Biography of Buster Casey.  Both are short, under 350 pages.  Maybe I can read them both :P It'd be 638 pages, I don't think I can do that in 3 days!  :readingtwo: Hopefully I will be done with Burnt Tongues by then, but if not, I'll finish it and then read one of the above.  I should have all my school work done by then!  I have a lot! 

I'm not able to take part on Friday, but will be participating in the read-a-thon on Saturday and Sunday. I really want to finish 'Ghostwritten' by David Mitchell. I really enjoyed 'Cloud Atlas' but with this book, I'm having to wade through it and will be glad when I finish! I'd also like to read some Dickens for the read-a-thon too, now sure which novel yet.

Nice that you can join us :)! I hope you have fun :readingtwo:.

(P.S. In case you hadn't read it yet, I'm being ill so I don't know how much I can participate. We'll see I guess. I hope to be able to go to the book fair, too.)

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. :empathy:

I hope you feel better soon, Athena! 

I just realized that the read-a-thon is this weekend. I'm going out on Saturday evening but otherwise I'd like to take part to some extent. I really want to get into reading again! :smile2:

Thanks Frankie :)!

We'd be happy to have you join, I hope you can get some nice reading done :).

Happy reading, everyone :readingtwo:!

So, I'm not sure I've got a great start  on the read a thon today.  :blush2: I "read" some Trainspotting this morning, but since it's an audio, it doesn't go as fast as I normally read (plus, it's in Scottish!).  But first I had to read/ study a chapter in my text book for school.  Oh- and I bought Time magazine for this week, which sounds interesting- questions you didn't even know you needed to know. 

I'm just sorta reading everything.  I've probably only read 45minutes and about 40 pages!

So, I'm not sure I've got a great start  on the read a thon today.  :blush2: I "read" some Trainspotting this morning, but since it's an audio, it doesn't go as fast as I normally read (plus, it's in Scottish!).  But first I had to read/ study a chapter in my text book for school.  Oh- and I bought Time magazine for this week, which sounds interesting- questions you didn't even know you needed to know. 

I'm just sorta reading everything.  I've probably only read 45minutes and about 40 pages!

Scottish! That sounds difficult (unless one lives in Scotland etc.). I didn't read that much yesterday because I was at the book fair, and most of what I read was pointless because I accidentally started to read a book I'd already read (while I meant to continue on with the series). I hope to do more reading today. I've started to read Susan Hatler - Better Date than Never 6: Licence to Date yesterday and hope to be reading book 7 after that (they're fairly short). I hope you can do more reading over the weekend.

I just bought a bunch of books!!!!  :jump:  :hyper: So I plan on hopefully getting into some of them this weekend. I'm about to post the list on my reading log

Enjoy your new books :D!

Scottish! That sounds difficult (unless one lives in Scotland etc.). I didn't read that much yesterday because I was at the book fair, and most of what I read was pointless because I accidentally started to read a book I'd already read (while I meant to continue on with the series). I hope to do more reading today.

Ma heid’s gaun doon.  It jerks up so suddenly and violently, ah feel it’s gaunnae fly oaf ma shoulders ontae the lap of the testy auld boot in front ay us, is a good example of how Trainspotting goes.  :banghead: It is so difficult for me.

Anyway, I am the same as you in the Friday department of the read a thon... Frankie & BSchultz, how's it goin'?

That sounds very confusing! I don't think I could follow that.

I read a bit more yesterday but not a whole lot. I finished Susan Hatler - Better Date than Never 6: Licence to Date and started Susan Hatler - Better Date than Never 7: Driven to Date. I don't really feel in the reading a lot kind of mood, I don't know exactly why. Maybe better luck in October (3rd 4th 5th) :banghead:.

EDIT: Well I'm too tired to do a whole lot else so I'm reading a bit anyway :).

Edited by Athena