The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

Definitely one I'm watching as soon as possible.

I just finished watching The King's Speech and thought it was fantastic. The acting was simply wonderful, and I really enjoyed it. Anyone seen this yet? (:

Yes I watched it yesterday and agree it was fantastic. Best film I've seen in quite a while.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you see True Grit soon, Ben! It was wonderful :D.

I haven't seen The King's Speech yet, but I want to soon. Everyone I've spoken to who's seen it says it's excellent!

Thanks I will watch it soon. As for The King's Speech, I'm with everyone else, was superb.

Yes I watched it yesterday and agree it was fantastic. Best film I've seen in quite a while.

Fantastic, isn't it? I thought the acting was wonderful.

Edited by Ben

Thanks I will watch it soon. As for The King's Speech, I'm with everyone else, was superb.

Fantastic, isn't it? I thought the acting was wonderful.

Oh yes. I especially liked Helena Bonham Carter- almost stole the show!

Now I'm even more excited to see the King's Speech!! Can't wait :D.

I saw an advert earlier today about the Screen Actors Guild awards, talking about how many nomination this film has received. I didn't realize all the great actors in it aside from Geoffrey Rush and Colin Firth! Guy Pearce, Derek Jacobi, Jennifer Ehle - wow.

Now I'm even more excited to see the King's Speech!! Can't wait :D.

I saw an advert earlier today about the Screen Actors Guild awards, talking about how many nomination this film has received. I didn't realize all the great actors in it aside from Geoffrey Rush and Colin Firth! Guy Pearce, Derek Jacobi, Jennifer Ehle - wow.

Jennifer Ehle as in Elizabeth Bennett? Acting again with Colin Firth? Weird! I'd like to see this too (not just because of that connection though).

I watched St Trinian's the other night, and at the end when the credits were rolling, they were showing each character along with their name. When they showed Colin Firth, he was walking along wearing a wet white shirt in a reproduction of that scene. :giggle: Nice tribute. :)

Edited by Kylie

Oh yes. I especially liked Helena Bonham Carter- almost stole the show!

She's just a fantastic actor all-round; I haven't seen her act badly in anything. Although saying that, I don't watch many films.

The King's Speech - an utterly, UTTERLY amazing film! Can't wait for the DVD! :)

Me too, probably be out before we know it nowadays. :lol:

Watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time last night - well, early hours of this morning - and I've been missing out; it's such a fantastic film.

Edited by Ben

Watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time last night - well, early hours of this morning - and I've been missing out; it's such a fantastic film.

Easily the best film in the world.... ever!

Rushmore and Rudy.

Ben, I felt the same after I got around to watching it last year.

What did you think of Rushmore, Bookworm? I love Wes Anderson, but I couldn't get as on board with that film as I did with Bottle Rocket (my all time fave). I still enjoyed it though.

I saw True Grit again this afternoon and I felt good about not crying as hard as I did the first time I saw it :blush:. I'm determined to get the soundtrack now - I paid a lot more attention that this time and Carter Burwell truly outdid himself.

I'm seeing The King's Speech tomorrow :D.

What did you think of Rushmore, Bookworm? I love Wes Anderson, but I couldn't get as on board with that film as I did with Bottle Rocket (my all time fave). I still enjoyed it though.

I saw True Grit again this afternoon and I felt good about not crying as hard as I did the first time I saw it :blush:. I'm determined to get the soundtrack now - I paid a lot more attention that this time and Carter Burwell truly outdid himself.

I'm seeing The King's Speech tomorrow :D.

Enjoy hen :) I have the Johnny Cash song from 'True Grit', I know I am very biased when it comes to Johnny Cash but 'God's gonna cut you down' is epic! :)

Enjoy hen :) I have the Johnny Cash song from 'True Grit', I know I am very biased when it comes to Johnny Cash but 'God's gonna cut you down' is epic! :)

Love Johnny Cash! Amazon has the mp3 of the soundtrack for only 7.99 so I may need to get it this weekend.