World Cup 2010

Michelle

I think it will proplary end in a draw 1 each. Sunday game.

Italy got knocked out.

Then just extra time, or extra time and penalties?

Interestingly enough France and Italy both out in the group stages, well - not much of a surprise considering there's always a few upset. Proud that we - England - managed to get themselves through to the knock-out stages. One Defoe goal and the national faith is restored. If you ask around most people will believe we can go onwards to beat Germany, and I'd like to think we can as well. Let's see. As for Japan at current, they've scored two fantastic free-kicks, and are 2-0 ahead. Good stuff to watch; step aside Ronaldo, it's all about Honda and Endo.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second Uruguay goal from Suarez. ... what a beauty!

How weird is it to be watching the World Cup where the weather is cold, wet and miserable, while we're sat here in the UK bathed in summer sunshine? Defies all rules of Sods Law, surely?

Quite an evenly matched game, midfield will be interesting, Ghana are powerful as anything, I don't think US have a strong enough mid physicality wise but they are a lot more technical and speedier via the wing outlet. Will be an interesting battle as I think you are evenly matched but totally different method wise. They don't have a goal threat as such, shame Essien isn't playing because I think he would be a massive threat to you. I think if you score first you will win but who knows the way this tournament is playing out. US could go far with the route ahead in that half.

If the US had to get eliminated I'm glad it was because we were outplayed rather than becase of a fluke goal or something. What a game yesterday :(

Lets hope England can bring it against Germany today! *puts up English flag next to American flag in mental house window*

There I was, watching 'A Connecticut Yankee In The Court Of King Arthur' when my husband walks into the room to ask "Haven't you turned it over for the match yet?"

Apparently a little footie is being played.......I may have to watch it. :(

Goodness me, I'm getting a full work out at the moment ~ leaping from the sofa, jumping up and down.

I have questioned the linesman's eyesight, suggested that the referee actually watch where the ball is, and been incredibly narked when NOT ALL of our players sang our National Anthem. Phew, this is knackering!

I really loved the decision to put on Heskey when we were chasing two goals... Fabulous Fabio!

Thanks Nici. Paul the Octopus certainly seems to have got it right! :D

It was a painful game to watch at times. I just wish we could have been defeated having given a really good game, not left with that feeling that we weren't quite with it.

Currently watching the Argentina vs Mexico game.

Argentina look lethal, not to sure about defence, typically south american gung ho at times but the attacking play is fantastic and the midfield really makes them tick.

Well, it's 43 years and 335 days - to the day! - since we beat Germany to win the World Cup. If that's not an omen, I don't know what is ...

What is the significance of the 335 days? :D

Goodness me, I'm getting a full work out at the moment ~ leaping from the sofa, jumping up and down.

I have questioned the linesman's eyesight, suggested that the referee actually watch where the ball is, and been incredibly narked when NOT ALL of our players sang our National Anthem. Phew, this is knackering!

Unless you have questioned the parentage of the referee I am reliably informed you have not fully 'enjoyed' the 'atmosphere'

God England were dreadful. Just woeful. Shocking performance from several of the players. I have no idea how Upson even found himself in the squad given his performances over the past 12 months let alone the starting line up. Also, how slow is Gareth Barry? I mean, I have always known he was totally rubbish but I never realised just how slow he is. Glen Johnson was defensively woeful as expected. Also, how Hart didn't get a start at this world cup is beyond me, he is so clearly England's number 1 keeper at the moment.