World Cup 2010

Michelle

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm strongly disappointed with Argentina to be honest. I thought they had the talent to go far. Haven't seen the game but I'm assuming the score-line speaks for itself.

Well done Germany..didn't think it would be so one sided! But absolutely gutted for Ghana last night so close and yet so far in the end. Close thing in the Spain game too with those pens that were saved. Still wouldn't like to choose the winner!

That scoreline almost makes the England result look respectable (sort of!). Maybe not individual stars, but they're not half bad as a team!

Hope the Dutch stuff Uruguay out of sight in the semis, as would hate to see Suarez follow Maradona to a World Cup final, let alone trophy, and already hate the way the Uruguayans are lauding him as a hero: FIFA are as usual totally spineless. Spain - Germany looks intriguing. Personally, I like the Germans a lot, but Spain v Holland in the final would mean a guaranteed new name on the trophy. Definitely one of the more interesting World Cups - that Spain - Paraguay game was one of the maddest I've seen in a while. In fact the QFs were collectively incredible.

I'm sorry, but this just makes me cross:

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson claims the weight of expectation on Wayne Rooney was to blame for his poor World Cup.

Rooney failed to score in four matches and looked a shadow of the player who shone for United last season.

"There was such expectation on him, talk he was going to be the player of the tournament," said Ferguson.

These players get paid a rediculous amount of money, and so if they're that good, they should be able to cope with anything. Pay them for results, not just because they're a "celebrity"! :lol:

Looking at it the other way, though, the bad World Cup shouldn't be blamed on him and him alone. All the team were a disgrace. You can bet your bottom dollar he will be firing on all cylinders for Manchester United come August. However, I do agree with you that Alex shouldn't make excuses for him; he had a bad few matches, it happens to them all, he should just leave it at that.

"There was such expectation on him, talk he was going to be the player of the tournament," said Ferguson.

Rooney can stop worrying about it now. I will NEVER have that expectation about him again! :lol: There you go, pressure off!

All part of Mr Ferguson's little games, I think. He doesn't really give a hoot about England's World Cup. He just wants to get Rooney right for the new season.

Uruguay v Holland tonight. I don't have any great expectations for that one, so let's hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Well I sure was surprised, we've actually gotten as far as the finals this time.. against Spain or Germany, the last one is sort of our arch nemesis when it comes down to soccer, but since they've always proven difficult to beat.. guess most of us hopes Spain wins.

Either way, we're :lol:. No way we're winning the finals. :roll:

I think Spain will swing it tonight, opinions anyone?

Not unless they get their other ten players playing as well as the one who's scoring goals, they won't! They've been one of the biggest disappointments of the tournament for me, after playing so well to win the European Championship two years ago. Can't see anything but a German win here - they're superior in just about every respect from what I've seen.

Deutschland

Not unless they get their other ten players playing as well as the one who's scoring goals, they won't! They've been one of the biggest disappointments of the tournament for me, after playing so well to win the European Championship two years ago. Can't see anything but a German win here - they're superior in just about every respect from what I've seen.

Deutschland

It was a great game to watch - hardly any falling over or lumping other players, well refereed, open play and my team won! I wish it had been the final, as Germany have played so well throughout the tournament, and all credit goes to them for the spirit with which they played today.

My team are in the final though!!!!! :(:):(

I really thought given how Germany have been playing that they would go through, but on the night Spain outplayed them...well done.

Should be a good final with Holland v Spain who have never met in World Cup before.

Rooney can stop worrying about it now. I will NEVER have that expectation about him again! :) There you go, pressure off!

:( I didn't have the expectation to start with :(