World Cup 2010

Michelle

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully I was in a theatre yesterday afternoon between 3pm and 5:15pm, so I didn't have to sit through the agony. Still, at least now I can sit back and support my favourite team without the guilt of feeling unpatriotic ... COME ON SPAIN!!!!!

God England were dreadful. Just woeful. Shocking performance from several of the players. I have no idea how Upson even found himself in the squad given his performances over the past 12 months let alone the starting line up. QUOTE]

Upson scored the only goal in the game yesterday. I actually thought it would of ended in a draw. Next time round they might be better,

Sure he scored a goal, but he isn't there to score goals he is there to defend, which he failed at, horribly.

Spain improved in the second half, particularly after Torres went off. To be honest as good as he is I think they should hook him for the rest of the tournament. He just isn't on him game. His injury lay-off in the lead up to the World Cup seems to have really impacted on him.

My predictions for the quarter-finals - but I'm not holding out any hope for them being right..

Uruguay vs. Ghana.

I think Uruguay should have the better of this one, they have a good partner-ship with Forlan and Suarez that’s proved effective so far, but I guess you can never count Ghana out, they have made it this far after all.

Germany vs. Argentina.

This is going to be a fantastic clash; the young, talented Germans, against Messi and company, who are just pumped up and raring to go. I’m going to say Argentina will take this one, even though the Germans are playing well, Lionel Messi will start bagging the goals in soon enough.

Netherlands vs. Brazil.

Holland against Brazil and again this should be a brilliant game, Brazil playing some wonderful stuff at the moment, but Holland look strong in attack – albeit not as much as in defence. I think it will be close once again, but with Brazil edging it, probably with a bit of magic we are so used to seeing.

Paraguay vs. Spain.

I think this will be the easiest of the quarter-final fixtures decide, I can honestly not see Spain slipping up at this point. They have been so strong, Villa has been firing on all cylinders, and they will be entirely too strong for the Paraguay squad..

Game on eh? :D

Sooooo , off we go again into the QFs. Fortunately we have a TV at work in our restaurant where we can go to watch the afternoon games (if we don't have any work getting in the way). I may well go down and watch some of the Holland/Brazil game as I reckon it will be a cracker. I am rooting for Holland as I think they have some great players (esp Robin van Persie of course who plays for Arsenal):D. Shame this wasn't the evening game on TV as I can't get worked up over the Uruguay/Ghana game yet.

I think the Uruguay and Ghana game might be more exciting than everyone's thinking, actually, but only because I think Uruguay are going to run rings around them. Forlan and Suarez will be on fire this evening. As for the Holland vs. Brazil game I had Brazil down to win and I still think they will, but at present it is 1-1. Unfortunately I've missed both goals because I turned on late and now I'm flicking to the tennis.. argh, can't do with this.

And as he says this Holland score another goal.. :D

Edited by Ben

I was as surprised as anyone, I can tell you that for sure. Great match last night, felt sorry for the Ghana players but I've liked Uruguay from the beginning of this tournament, so I hope they can go further.