World Cup 2010

Michelle

Hi Sedge, how are Cornwall getting on?

In my theoretical World Cup, they're already through to the final after having disposed of Brazil and Argentina. This sets up a mouthwatering final against France!:D

Please don't wake me up, it's so nice in here!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to double post, but just wanted to add that it is such a joy to see a coach/manager who loves the game of football. How can you be anything other than inspired with someone like that in charge. He may have had problems in his career, but Maradona is a legend, and it's lovely to hear the respect for him from all the pundits.

Woah, both the England match and the USA match are at the same time tomorrow? That's not fair! I wanted to see them both! :D

Hope you get a result.

I'm watching a game...supporting a team all in white:mrgreen:

Abby, I'm so pleased that we've both gone through. ;) Who knows what will happen in group D.

Hopefully we'll meet in the end :D That would be epic if the whole thing came down to England vs USA for the whole thing.

:D Of all the teams, England had to play Germany.

*Chants*

England will win Germany

England will win Germany

England will win Germany

Positive thinking will prevail!

Well it is the World Cup you cant avoid the good teams forever! England will get Argentina in the quarter finals if they get through, then probably Brazil

There's always next time:tong:

Hopefully we'll meet in the end :D That would be epic if the whole thing came down to England vs USA for the whole thing.

I would watch that game Abby. That would be cool. Would the US team have cheerleaders? ;) The World Cup Final is the only footie game I ever watch, and then only if we are in it.

Haha, nope, no cheerleaders in soccer but plenty of middle aged men with their shirts off and paint on their chests. :D

:D (shudder) seen far too many of those already this side of the pond than is good for my mental health ;)

Well it is the World Cup you cant avoid the good teams forever! England will get Argentina in the quarter finals if they get through, then probably Brazil

There's always next time:tong:

Germany? Good team? Actually Im not sure about that... Well, they won yesterday, but I cant say that it was well played!

It's not a great German team, Julia, for sure. Then again, there hasn't been a great German team since about the mid-70s, but they do what they're good at, which is winning games in big tournaments.

And, then again, it's not a great England team, either! It's a tough one for England - a very tough one indeed ...

(Mind you, I'm half German, so I win either way :D)

Germany? Good team? Actually Im not sure about that... Well, they won yesterday, but I cant say that it was well played!

Well I know next to nothing about these teams to be honest lol I'm just purely going by their wins so far. My opinions on the WC are probably just worth ignoring, if its not to do with Swansea I dont really know what i'm on about :D

Still think England will struggle to get anything out of this game though, or maybe they will up their game because it's against better opposition than they've been playing recently.

Contradictions a plenty there, I should be a pundit

(Mind you, I'm half German, so I win either way :D)

Lucky you :irked:

Well, I have no problems with England winning. I think the German team don't really deserve to win. So actually I am happy when Germany wins but not so disappointed when England wins.