World Cup 2010

Michelle

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with how the US played today. They kept up with England and showed that we are competition. Maybe we won't be winning this World Cup, but look out for the US team in the future. :D

We didnt' see the game as we were out at a family dinner, but Andy was keeping track via is iPod thingy and was well chuffed the got a goal.

I have to say a lot of the bits of games I have seen have been very boring and unfortunately the only game to have a lot of goals (the Germany one) we didn't see. Kinda makes you wonder how half these teams actually made it ....best in the world!!:D

We didnt' see the game as we were out at a family dinner, but Andy was keeping track via is iPod thingy and was well chuffed the got a goal.

I have to say a lot of the bits of games I have seen have been very boring and unfortunately the only game to have a lot of goals (the Germany one) we didn't see. Kinda makes you wonder how half these teams actually made it ....best in the world!!:D

No-one wants to lose their first game, Diane. You can even get through the entire group stage without winning, as long as you don't lose. It should pick up a bit in the knockout stages.

Plus, these days there are so many teams stuffed with journeyman pros from the European leagues that they cancel each other out. They can stop you playing, even if they're not world-class players themselves. In the old days, you'd never have a problem with beating teams like ...oooh, let's see ... Peru, Iran or Costa Rica, say. :D

Can someone tell me what the total cost of all the players (their worth) playing in the World Cup is and therefore who has the most expensive team and the cheapest? just thought it would be interesting to know.

Espaňa play today 'Viva Espaňa' !!!!

Did anyone see the Brazil goal last night? I thought that it was an awesome goal, but I think that some people disagree as they think it was a fluke!

That Brazil game was the first one of the tournament so far I have actually enjoyed watching. The group stages have been awful.

I think it was a genuine attempt at goal, a better goalie would have saved it but it was intentional imo.

I was just listening to the Chile vs Honduras game on the radio in the car, after I got out I could still hear the vuuvuuzelas buzzing in my head they are giving me tinnitus

:blush:

I think it was a genuine attempt at goal, a better goalie would have saved it but it was intentional imo.

Yep, agree with that. When you're talking about Brazilians, you've got to give them the benefit of the doubt.

What a great result for Switzerland, puts our draw with US in perspective.

Ah, some common sense - shame you're not writing for the newspapers. My paper today had detailed analyses of where Capello's getting it wrong by three different journalists, none of whom have ever kicked a ball at even semi-pro level, as far as I know. Complete and utter nonsense. I'm confidently predicting us to sail through the group and the knockout stages, to meet North Korea in the final ...

It's ridiculous! I guess the more sensationalist and doom mongering they are, the more they sell. At the end of it all, it's a football match and it happens, the US are 14th in the world, they are not a terrible side and it's the opening group match, of course it's going to be cagey. They are such short sighted idiots the media :blush:

Go on USA.....oh unlucky...disallowed one.

-------------------------------------------

Can I support Algeria tonight please...:D

Edited by Inver