World Cup 2010

Michelle

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that after reviewing the replays the refs can go back and give the USA that goal they were robbed?

Unfortunately no Abby.

That's such ****! The refs should have to state a clear reason as to why they are makiing a game changing call like that. A simple 'foul' shouldn't be good enough.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Football

England are playing really badly :D

What's the hell's the wrong with the England team? That was awful.

:D P*ss poor performance, they don't deserve to progress any further going by the last 2 games.

I loved what Danny Baker (radio genius) said on MOTD the other night. It was along the lines of ...

England aren't good enough to go out of the competition yet. They always start off poorly, scrape through by being mediocre, then gradually get better until they get to the point in the knock out games where they play well, and we just start to think they might have a chance, and then they get knocked out!

I've gotta say this, I've always hated football but now that I'm going to the gym, they always have the matches on playing on the telly, and I've started wathing them there in the gym and sometimes at home too. I'm embarrassed.

I don't have any favorite teams or countries to support (as you all know Finland's not doing that great in football......) but I loved it when Mexico was kicking the ass of the French.

(I almost wrote 'do we stand a chance', but then remembered that our forum is far too international for that! :D)

Personally, I'd be really interested to hear how the forum was started and how "uninternational" it was back in the days and how it's evolved since then.

Edited by frankie

frankie, you'll get me in trouble for going off topic! :D

The forum started off with just myself and a few friends, and I honestly didn't expect it to grown much beyond that. However, it has grown and evolved, and as it's grown more popular, and easy to find in search engines, we also become more international. :D

Yep, you're off topic, Michelle ... yellow card for you ...

Back on topic - I was spared the agony, as I had a family occasion I couldn't get out of. (None of my wife's family likes football - they're all Millwall supporters). But it sounded grim. Still, I'm sure we'll paste Slovenia and sail into the next round ....

So who do you fancy today

Holland v Japan (prob Holland)

Ghana v Australia (maybe a draw)

Cameroon v Denmark (prob Denmark, but never rule out Cameroon)

Not much happening in the game at the moment have to say.

Going by the rest of the World Cup so far, I'd predict at least two dull 0-0 draws out of that list.

I didn't watch the England game last night, but in a reflection on modern life I was following it on Twitter via Charlie Brooker's posts. My favourite comment of the evening was:

That's not vuvuzelas, that's the sound of grass snoring.

Charlie Brooker is one of my twitter gods! Him, Chris Addison and Mark Steel are twitter comedy legends for me.

Could this World Cup get any more boring? I think the only game I've enjoyed so far was watching the French get beaten by Mexico.

Could this World Cup get any more boring? I think the only game I've enjoyed so far was watching the French get beaten by Mexico.

Thus far, I have managed to avoid the world cup completely which is probably really unpatriotic of me. However, I have heard that it's been pretty boring too. My BF isn't a happy bunny! :D

Thus far, I have managed to avoid the world cup completely which is probably really unpatriotic of me. However, I have heard that it's been pretty boring too. My BF isn't a happy bunny! :D

I thought I'd have to watch a few games, but BF has had it on every match, so I've been getting loads of reading done, but I can't help but glance up at it occasionally.

I have two out of three so far!

Woh!! Thanks Inver. 1 all draw. I didn't think anyone would be too interested in our game. Didn't he do well?? NZ is rocking today:yahoo:

Italy is ranked 5th in the world, NZ 78th

I thought you really held the Italians well. I don't think it was a penalty, and I think you should have won, personally.

Woh!! Thanks Inver. 1 all draw. I didn't think anyone would be too interested in our game. Didn't he do well?? NZ is rocking today:yahoo:

Italy is ranked 5th in the world, NZ 78th

I always support the underdogs...like to see the favourites get shaken around a bit...and those Italians obviously practice diving in training!!!!