What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember the light bulb moment of seeing and hearing this .. wanted to throw all my other records in the bin. Even more adorable was her live version at Hammersmith .. wish I could've been there. The mic that she uses was made especially for her and was the first ever headset mic .. so she could sing and perform .. now they use it to mime :roll: I wish she would perform again .. it's only that that stops them giving her a outstanding contribution award at the Brits .. they must have their pound of flesh. She deserves it .. way more than Robbie Williams or The Spice Girls imo. I guess the days have gone to really enjoy her at her bonkers best .. still I'd walk over hot coals to see her .. just to breathe the same airspace :D Edited by poppyshake

OMG! OMG! OMG! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

The cover of the tour book for the forthcoming Rush tour has been leaked and it's got a dalmation on it :o

<<translation for everyone else>>

Which means they might be playing the whole of Signals on the tour ... I'll get to see them play Chemistry live at last :o

<<cue stupidly excited Steve running round the office>>

It's like a sugar rush :giggle2:

• 2 weeks later...

Nelly Furtado's new single Big Hoops (the Bigger the Better) .. is this the first song ever about earrings I wonder?

Yes it's a bit weird, yes it's a bit Rihanna, yes she sounds like a chipmunk but it's growing on me :D No vid as yet but rumour has it she will be on stilts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNbLcLlnNc0

nellyonstilts.jpg

Karsa, you lucky dog :D It's so unfair that you get to see all the coolest acts. I don't suppose Rush would like to come over to Finland and play at the local music festival? ... :rolleyes: I've yet to listen to the song you PMd me about :blush:

I'm listening to Pearl Jam <3 <3 :wub:

I don't suppose Rush would like to come over to Finland and play at the local music festival? ... :rolleyes:

They played Helsinki in 2007 but didn't go there on last year's tour. Maybe the tickets didn't sell well enough in 07? :unsure:

They played Helsinki in 2007 but didn't go there on last year's tour. Maybe the tickets didn't sell well enough in 07? :unsure:

That can't be! But I don't know what else it could be. We are a lovely country and nation :blush:

I'm listening to a new song by Anathema. I've just found out that they are going to be playing in Helsinki in September, and I'm soooo tempted to buy a ticket!!! :wub:

I'm listening to a new song by Anathema. I've just found out that they are going to be playing in Helsinki in September, and I'm soooo tempted to buy a ticket!!! :wub:

I'm going to see them next week :D

Although I'm mainly going to see the support act, Amplifier :D

I'm going to see them next week :D

You always beat me to it!!! :D So unfair! Well, tell me if they are any good.

Oh like they could be bad!! :D

Currently listening to Pearl Jam. Yet again. Oh I had this wonderful dream about them the other night, I got a ticket for their gig and there were only like a hundred people there, in this huge concert hall, and we all got really up and close, and they promised everyone an autograph and free band T-shirts :wub: