Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

I really liked it, want to read the sequel now. :blush:

Ah, I hadn't even realised there was a sequel to The Secret Scripture! It will have to go on my wish list when I find out what it's called - which shows that, although I found the actions/attitudes of a lot of the characters depressing, I definitely enjoyed it enough to want more. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I hadn't even realised there was a sequel to The Secret Scripture! It will have to go on my wish list when I find out what it's called - which shows that, although I found the actions/attitudes of a lot of the characters depressing, I definitely enjoyed it enough to want more. :blush:

The Whereabouts of Eneas McNulty.

Double whammy today. Library sale, and a sale at Borders. :blush:

At the Library Sale:

The Quiet American by Graham Greene

Jesus Out to Sea by James Lee Burke

Southern Souvenirs [selected stories and essays] of Sarah Haardt, edited by Ann Henley

From Borders:

The Surrendered by Chang-Rae Lee

Delivery from Amazon:

Native Speaker by Chang-Rae Lee [second hand]

After a looong browse in Waterstones this morning, I came away with:

Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel

Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Three for two :blush: I hope I've made some good choices!

I finished Night Watch last night & decided to start Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood this morning heres hoping that's it's as good as The Handmaidens Tale.

Went out this morning, and while in the coffee shop finished The Gathering by Anne Enright, then picked up Eleven Minutes Late by Matthew Engel where I'd left off earlier in the year, and finished that off too. This left me bookless, and as I'd already wandered round Waterstone's and been very good and resisted the temptation to buy anything, I nipped into Oxfam bookshop and bought Flush by Carl Hiassen and made a start on that.

Fifteen pages left to finish The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory, and then I wanted to start Alone by Lisa Gardner, but I took in my public library The High Crusade by Poul Anderson, so I'll read it first since I don't own it. :blush: It's in French, so I'll read it more quickly than Alone.

apart from a semi successful trip to the library i had a guilty trip into waterstones on the pretext of buying some tokens for my mum and bought Kraken by China Mieville its been calling me all week luckily I had some points on my card so instead of

After a looong browse in Waterstones this morning, I came away with:

Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel

Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Three for two :blush: I hope I've made some good choices!

I know Shutter Island is a good one, and have Wolf Hall waiting on my TBR shelf.

I went to the library today and took out loads of books! :blush: Currently reading The Diary if a Would-Be Princess by Jessica Green. This is a book for tweens I think

I bought from amazon ~

Stargazer (Evernight) by Claudia Gray

This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen by Tadeusz Borowski

The Boy with the Cuckoo-clock Heart by Mathias Malzieu

The Witchcraft of Salem Village by Shirley Jackson

:blush:

I bought from amazon ~

Stargazer (Evernight) by Claudia Gray

This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen by Tadeusz Borowski

The Boy with the Cuckoo-clock Heart by Mathias Malzieu

The Witchcraft of Salem Village by Shirley Jackson

:)

I saw Mathias Malzieu in the Salon du Livre at Paris in 2009, amazing man! An amazing singer and composer. :blush:

I saw Mathias Malzieu in the Salon du Livre at Paris in 2009, amazing man! An amazing singer and composer. :)

Wow :( How great for you Sheeta :D:blush:

Awesome! You hunted down that Jackson one :blush:

I found it on amazon, I quite surprised to find it :)

I haven't done any reading yet, but I did clean up my library a lot. I've put some books in bags to take to secondhand stores and put on ebay, and I shelved my recent purchases before realising I left two books out, so now I'll need to go and shuffle all the books along again. :) Luckily I love doing this. :blush: