Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

I was really doubtful of Wicked through the first couple of pages/chapters but now I'm really starting to enjoy the novel to my utter surprise! I have no idea where the story is heading but I'm happy to be reading it :)

This is the exact same way I feel about it. :)

(Anyone who's reading the novel: In the second Galinda chapter (starting from page 86 in my edition), what does Galinda call Elphaba when E is reading her books and not noticing anything else?

Are you referring to the part where Elphaba likes the name? If so, Galinda calls her 'Elphaba the Delirious'. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visited our favorite second hand book store...

Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell

The Cloud Atlas by Liam Callanan

A Gesture Life by Chang-rae Lee *

*started this one on the way home....so lyrical, I love it.

I was a bit naughty tonight and picked up total of 9 books from Barnes and Noble. Considering I was only there for coffee that is quite an accomplishment! I got:

A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire

Selected Poems by William Blake

Irish Fairy Tales by James Stephenson

Japanese Death Poems from Zen Monks and Haiku Poets on the Verge of Death

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

Secrets of Mary Magdalene the Untold Story of History's Most Misunderstood Woman by Dan Burstein and Arne J De Keijzer

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and

Aristotle and an Aardvark Go to Washington by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein :)

Before bed I plan to dig into the Japanese Death poems. :)

This is the exact same way I feel about it. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I am! :) I'm also glad that this was picked as a group reading, otherwise I don't think I would've made it past the first couple of pages.

Are you referring to the part where Elphaba likes the name? If so, Galinda calls her 'Elphaba the Delirious'. :P

:) Elphaba is such a quirky and lovable character, she always surprises me. And to like such a nickname! However, that was not quite what I was looking for, although thanks for that as well! The word I'm looking for is introduced 3

I bought some books today, non-fiction books, I never know whether to mention the non-fiction on here but why not they are books still :):)

Books I bought are:

Biogeography: An Ecological and Evolutionary Approach - C. Barry Cox (interest carried on from degree)

Dictionary of Word Roots and Combining Forms - Donald J. Borror (promises to be very useful)

Elements of Pantheism - Paul Harrison (interested)

The Archaeology of Animal Bones - Terry O'Connor (Book recommended by evening course)

Describing Species: Practical Taxonomic Procedure for Biologists - JE Winston (Interested and also on reading list for Msc I would like to go on to do)

Carrying on with Dry Store Room No.1 and Perdido Street Station today :)

I also got another book in the mail: The Carbon Diaries 2015 by Saci Lloyd (thanks to Chesil's recommendation :D) and I have another book to pick up tomorrow!

I really hope you enjoy it, Kylie :D (I always get really nervous when someone reads something I've recommended in case they don't like it :D)

I finished Burned this afternoon, and I've made a start on catching up with my reviews, so off to post some in my reading list thread. :D

I finished A Gesture of Life by Chang-rae Lee this afternoon. /stunned/ Amazing book, amazing writer. I have another of his on order from Amazon, Native Speaker, should get that by Friday.

Not sure what is next. Yet.

I never know whether to mention the non-fiction on here but why not they are books still :D;)

Books are books! Mention them away!

I agree! I like seeing everyone's non-fiction books because it gives me an idea of their interests outside of reading. :D

I really hope you enjoy it, Kylie :D (I always get really nervous when someone reads something I've recommended in case they don't like it :D)

Aw, don't worry. I really think I'll like this one. :D