Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

Went back to bed this morning with my 'cold' and finished 'The Wednesday Sisters' ~ Meg Waite Clayton.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to read The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson next, but having read the prologue a few days ago, I haven't picked it up since.

I received It's Not What You Think by Chris Evans from Waterstone's online today and I can't wait to get stuck into that, so I think I might put TGWPWF down and read this first! :D

Edited by Janet

My reading is really slow the last couple of days.... I'm 114 pages into one book since yesterday morning and I've only read about 30 of my other book since Tuesday.

I've just bought 'Middlesex' by Jeffrey Eugenides, because there is only so many times that I can hear good things about a book before I have to have it for myself! :D

Same here .. though it was a library loan. You won't regret it, it's a fantastic book and I want to get my own copy now because I know I'll want to re-read it.

I finished The Laughing Corpse and Circus of the Damned both by Laurell K Hamilton, loving this series and will definately get the next ...em 15 or so :roll:... what can I say? it's a big series! :D

Not sure what to read next :irked:

I read a book on the importance of being an optimist at work today. Ironically it put me in a pessimistic mood.

:D What a weird book!

Finished Middlesex ... loved it. Am going to start Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky later tonight.

So glad you enjoyed Middlesex!! :)

I've just bought 'Middlesex' by Jeffrey Eugenides, because there is only so many times that I can hear good things about a book before I have to have it for myself! :irked:

Glad to see you've purchased the book, I dare say you'll enjoy it :roll:

I read more of TCPatW but there's still loads of pages left. I hope to finish it over the weekend.

I stayed up late last night watching the election...well actually it was on mute whilst I read Lover Mine by J R Ward I am now sitting at myu desk looking like death not having gone to bed til after 2am. Still the book was worth it :D shame the elections weren't :irked:

I received Burned - P C & Kristen Cast and A Stroke of Midnight - Laurell Hamilton in the post yesterday so I started Burned and I'm already 3/4's the way through it. All the charactors annoyed me at first but I quickly got back into the swing of it.

I stayed up late last night watching the election...well actually it was on mute whilst I read Lover Mine by J R Ward I am now sitting at myu desk looking like death not having gone to bed til after 2am. Still the book was worth it :D shame the elections weren't :)

Oh I really need to get my hands on Lover Mine, I keep forgetting it's released now :roll: Glad you liked it!

I still haven't decided what to read next :irked:

Oh I really need to get my hands on Lover Mine, I keep forgetting it's released now :irked: Glad you liked it!

I still haven't decided what to read next :D

It was good brought a whole load of things together and left space for more, I still think the first few were the best though!

I actually got another good chunk of my current review book read last night, so I'm about halfway through it now and quite enjoying it. Hoping to focus on my Byatt one today.

I've managed a shamefully small amount of reading of late :D It's a slow work day so have had the pleasure of catching up on some today - just onto the second volume of Great Expectations. I'm enjoying it but it'll probably take me the rest of the month to finish at this rate! Still, that doesn't stop me from indulging in that age-old BCF hobby of buying books faster than you can read them! :irked: