Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

Time for a new thread!

I finished The History of Mr Polly by H G Wells today. After a slow start, I really enjoyed it. I was aware of quite a few of his novels, but had no idea that Wells was such a prolific writer!

Next up is my Bookclub choice - The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, which I'm really enjoying. :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the library today, picked up ten books and heaved them home in my ruck sack. I now have a Quasimodo style hump.

Picked up some forumite recommendations too.

I got stuck straight into Ben Elton's Meltdown. I've read all his novels except the war one, and I usually enjoy them.

That book's got a big reputation hasn't it .. most people seem to really like it. I always thought it was written by the comedian David Mitchell .. as in Mitchell and Webb .. I've only just found out it's someone else.

Great price, hope you enjoy it Stephanie :smile2:

I've had it in my basket on Amazon for ages but never actually bought it but couldn't let it go for

So yet again I have cheanged my book selection as I cannot let my mojo go. So I have decided to read Chosen by P.C and Kirstin Cast.

*Fingers crossed*

Thats a great book! I hope you enjoy it :D

Thats a great book! I hope you enjoy it :D

It is?!! Fantastic! I hope it works. I always feel down if I can't get into a book. even though it was a blessing in disguise as I did have to sort the kids play room out for the new arrival:lol:

I received 'The Lone Ranger & Tonto Fistfight In Heaven' in the post which I'm delighted about because I've wanted this book for so long!

Still waiting on two more books to arrive, ordered five on one day - got shipping confirmation on four the next day and the fifth the day after. They should all have arrived together, but two arrived Friday and one today.... don't know where the others are. Sigh.

Picked up 8 books from our OBCZ Bookcrossing shelf at Blemont Cinema cafe/bar tonight. It is quite full at the moment (some belonging to Kell, thank you) so am going to rerelease them elsewhere.

Noll, is the Tonto book by Sherman Alexie? I've heard good things about it and I hope you like it :D.

Over the weekend I picked up the Twilight graphic novel, and along with that I bought 'Just Take My Heart' by Mary Higgins Clark for my mom.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through Bel-Ami and enjoying it despite the main character's annoyances :smile2:.

I finished The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen last night and started reading Truman Capote's In Cold Blood.

Ooh, excellent! I hope you enjoy In Cold Blood. I hope it's not too much coming close on the heels of Helter Skelter.

I received another book in the mail today:

Jared Diamond: Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed

I've read a little of The Well of Lost Plots today and also some of The Editor's Companion.

Ooh, excellent! I hope you enjoy In Cold Blood. I hope it's not too much coming close on the heels of Helter Skelter.

I hope so too but I don't have too many choices with me since I'm at BF's. I do have the books I just recently bought here in Lappeenranta of course but I want to save them a little bit longer :D Also, I've been meaning to read the book for so long and I'm really intrigued by it!

Just finished Flesh House by Stuart MacBride. Blimey; cracking read I thought; 5 days it took me; that's light speed for me! Bit shell shocked I think:blush:

Great story, great characters and surprisingly amusing in parts.

Jim

Unfortunately I had to come to work so I didn't get the chance to finish Murder on the Leviathan I hate it when that happens and I am so close to finding out who dunnit :D

I still have 10 pages of The Surgeon to read, then I'm finished. Wondering what to read next :D It's always so much fun to decide what to start reading.

Oooo what did you think of it? I loved that book. I read it years ago. I have the next one The apprentice to read yet. I have it on my TBR pile, but I might re read The Surgeon. Do you have the next one Frankie?

As for me.. I have read four pages. Not because of the mojo just because I have been too busy. Hopefully will have a good long session tonight. *fingers crossed*