Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett - I wasn't sure about it at the beginning but it definitely improved as the book went on :irked:
The Tiffany Aching series gets better and better as you go on. I loved the next one, 'A Hat Full Of Sky', and still rave about 'Wintersmith'. :cry: The next installment is due out this year ~ I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Just started Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde.

Curious wee book. As I'm usually steeped in the blood thirsty reality of crime drama, this is a real change for me. :(

I really really enjoyed 'The Big Over Easy', but 'The Fourth Bear' was fab. I hope you enjoy it Coffin Nail. I'm a crime girl usually too. :smile2:

Finished The Scarecrow by Michael Donnelly last night. Can't get back into Flowers for Algernon as the 15 year old has started it, so not quite decided what to read next :smile2:

Just how many books are you reading at the moment Rawr? It seems like you're reading loads!

The House at Pooh Corner is going great. I'll have it finished today, and then I'll have to search for further Pooh books. :smile2:

I'm about half way through John Boyne's new book The House of Special Purpose. It is a very enthralling read and quite different in style to The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

I finished Oscar Wildes plays and I've started reading his poetry but I don't know if I like it - I will keep going, I might just need to get a feel for it.

I also read a couple of chapters of the Book Thief. I really enjoy it while I'm reading it but I can't seem to make myself pick it up. I think it's because I know it won't end happily.:smile2:

My notebook crashed because of the virus Personal Security. Everyone be careful when you download anything from internet. I downloaded a different program but Personal Security came with it. It blocks many webpages, I tried to download different programs which help uninstall Personal Security and those websites were blocked by Personal Security too, I can't even acces the programs any more to get rid of Personal Security virus. :smile2:

I had some e-books on my notebook which I have to download again on the computer of my daughter to finish reading them. Anyway, I've been reading what I had found in the library, so still plenty to read. (currently reading an Orwell book with his different stories in it, almost finished Animal Farm and about to start Burmese Days)

Sorry to hear about your computer problems Sadya.

I plan to read more of The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson today. Really good book. Not her usual chick-lit style but I'm still really enjoying it :smile2:

Dracula was a really surprising read for me because it was so different from what I thought I knew it was about, if that makes any sense. :smile2: I'm glad you've been enjoying it.

I finished The House at Pooh Corner and loved it. Now I'm going for an even quicker read with another Trixie Belden. At this rate I'll get through all of my unread Trixie Belden books by the end of the year. I won't know what to do with myself then (oh wait, there'll still be another 500+ books to read :irked::cry:).

I'd like to make a good dent in Wicked today so I can hopefully finish it by the weekend. I read a few pages after waking up but am just not in the mood right now.

Tonight I plan on sorting through my books and taking a box over to our local charity store.

I really really enjoyed 'The Big Over Easy', but 'The Fourth Bear' was fab. I hope you enjoy it Coffin Nail. I'm a crime girl usually too. :smile2:

Thanks hun.

It's the oddest crime drama I ever read, but it's funny. :irked:

I'll definately be reading more Jasper Fforde.

I'd like to make a good dent in Wicked today so I can hopefully finish it by the weekend. I read a few pages after waking up but am just not in the mood right now.

Tonight I plan on sorting through my books and taking a box over to our local charity store.

Are you planning to go to see Wicked when you visit London, CaliLily?

Nearly halfway through Alias Grace & my books arrived from Amazon today Low Cost Living & Vegetable, Fruit & Herb Growing in Small Spaces both by John Harrison.

Are you planning to go to see Wicked when you visit London, CaliLily?

I would really love to! If not then it is playing in Minneapolis which is only 4 hours from me here. :smile2: Have you seen it before?

Im halfway through The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne and wow.. I can't believe I haven't read this sooner. Such a great book about a tough subject.

It's great, isn't it, despite the subject-matter. I won't say what I want to say about it as I don't want to spoil it for you. :smile2:

I'm just over half-way through Join Me by Danny Wallace - I'm loving it! :irked:

Have reserved a lot of YA books from the library, as they're such quick reads and unlikely to be re-read, so it seems better to save money for buying the good books. This means, however, I have a glut of them to read before they need to go back, so I've moved onto another one now - Airhead by Meg Cabot. There are still more to come, but I'll resist reserving any more, so once I've finished this batch, I can go back to some more grown up reading for a change!

It's great, isn't it, despite the subject-matter. I won't say what I want to say about it as I don't want to spoil it for you. :smile2:

I'm just over half-way through Join Me by Danny Wallace - I'm loving it! :irked:

I just finished it. Omg.