Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

I am half way through 'The Dead~Tossed Waves' by Carrie Ryan, I have read so many zombie related books recently, I am fully prepared for any potential zombie attacks :blush:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read another hundred pages of The Ghost by Robert Harris.

I don't know whether my mojo dissapeared on it's own or because the book has made my mojo dissapear. The book is Ok and I strain the words Ok. I am still no clearer what on earth this Conspiracy could be nor at the moment I actauly really don't care. It is not gripping me. All I have found out is that the ex PM has told a couple light Porkies. Don't all politians lie?

So all in all I will continue to read the book. Just hope I have the will power to finish it soon. Man I hope it starts to get interesting. *Yawn*

I haven't done any reading yet, but I did clean up my library a lot. I've put some books in bags to take to secondhand stores and put on ebay, and I shelved my recent purchases before realising I left two books out, so now I'll need to go and shuffle all the books along again. :( Luckily I love doing this. :blush:

So do I, I'm never happy than when rummaging amongst my books. I'm quite anal about it though, I start doing things like putting matching coloured spines together and all that shenanigans. I don't like shiny writing on spines either .. shiny writing gives me the mean reds! I mean Inkheart and Inkspell were perfect and then came along horribly shiny metallic Inkdeath .. ruined my shelves completely :)

Just started reading Brooklyn by Colm T

I've been reading The Ice-Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson. I'm really enjoying it :blush:

Amazon keep telling me that I'd like that one so I'll be interested to see what you think of it when you've read it Kate.

Wow :) How great for you Sheeta :D:blush:

Well, I only SAW him :D I think I nearly died when I recognized him, I must have a picture of him...

http://i39.tinypic.com/j8z0c6.jpg heeeere it is!

I will start The High Crusade by Poul Anderson (that makes me laugh, in French "poule" means "chicken" :)) after listening to the 41st symphony of Mozart, I have to learn it by heart for next Friday. :(

I read A Study in Scarlet today. I haven't had much luck reading Arthur Conan Doyle before but now it's a lot more easier. I guess I've grown with my comprehension skills. I hope tackling Dickens is a lot easier too some day.

I'm starting Dracula tonight. I hope to take it real slow.

I have been trying too hard to get into a book I have to read so I can send it on to my brother. It's not happening, so I have decided to dive in elsewhere with 'The Last Child' by John Hart. It looks just the type of taut chiller that I need to keep my mind engaged. :blush:

I read that on my honeymoon, good book :(

I've been reading On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan today.

I am really enjoying it so far :blush:

Today though, I've read some of Jean Plaidys The Kings Secret Matter. I'm enjoying that too :)

I have been trying too hard to get into a book I have to read so I can send it on to my brother. It's not happening, so I have decided to dive in elsewhere with 'The Last Child' by John Hart. It looks just the type of taut chiller that I need to keep my mind engaged. :blush:

I read that recently, maybe 10[ish] days ago and loved it. One of the things I really liked about it was that I didn't know the end, till the end.

I've been waffling about wondering what to read next for the last two days, couldn't make up my mind. Finally, this morning I settled on Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I've only read the first 34 pages, but I love her storytelling style. And, it's interesting to hear the story from another perspective.

Even though my reading mojo has emigrated to god knows where I still can't resist picking up books! Today I went to the gym and came home with Harlan Coben Like a Charm edited by Karin Slaughter :blush: They have put a small bookcase in the cloakroom filled with books on a take one bring one in to replace basis. I did manage to read another chapter of The Lace Reader whislt hubby was fishing :)

I read that recently, maybe 10[ish] days ago and loved it. One of the things I really liked about it was that I didn't know the end, till the end.

I'm so glad to hear that pontalba, sounds just what I need. :blush:

I read A Study in Scarlet today. I haven't had much luck reading Arthur Conan Doyle before but now it's a lot more easier. I guess I've grown with my comprehension skills. I hope tackling Dickens is a lot easier too some day.

I'm starting Dracula tonight. I hope to take it real slow.

Excellent reads there Vinay!

I'm slowly nearing the end of Wicked.

Did you play Pooh Sticks at Pooh Bridge Roland? That is always worth doing. :blush:

I forgot to note here yesterday that I had bought a few books...

AA Drivers Atlas (for OH)

Mini Guide of Britain Collection (10 mini guides, each covering a different area of the country)

Val McDermid's 'Crack Down' and 'Report For Murder',

Jeffrey Deaver's 'Death Of A Blue Movie Star', an

Tess Gerritsen's 'Call After Midnight'.

I have not read any Tess Gerritsen, so I am looking forward to finding out what her writing is like.

Tess Gerritsen's 'Call After Midnight'.

I have not read any Tess Gerritsen, so I am looking forward to finding out what her writing is like.

Really glad your mojo is picking up Chrissy :blush: I recommend you read Tess Gerritsen's 'The Surgeon'. It's the beginning of a brilliant series.

I got a book in the mail today: The Ants Are My Friends by Martin Toseland. He's the author of my recent hilarious read A Steroid Hit the Earth. I can't wait to read this one, which is full of 'misheard lyrics and other linguistic gaffes'. :blush: ('The Ants Are My Friends' is a misheard lyric from Bob Dylan's 'Blowin' in the Wind'. :))

I've made a good start on The House on Pooh Corner and I already adore it. Roland, that's very cool! I have a friend, also in Australia, who made a special (side-)trip to go there because of Winnie the Pooh. I'll have to ask her more about it now that I'm also an adoring fan.

Glad you're enjoying Winnie the Pooh! I've read The Ants are my Friends too - very funny!

I'm listening to The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett at the moment. I reckon I have about 1 hour and 15 mins left so should get it done today. I've downloaded The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain to listen to next. I also bought some books on Amazon yesterday:

The Wind in the Willows

The Enchanted Castle

The Railway Children - all Wordsworth Children Classics - I feel a new collection starting :blush: