Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am realling enjoying Pelagia and the White Bull dog, Russian names are hard though I think I get confused with the Patroniyms at least thats what I think they are

Just finished The Time Traveler's Wife. I don't really know how to say it, but... I guess I was (am) a little bit disappointed with the book... I mean, I want to believe that it was just the wrong time to read it... but I do confess that I felt tears in my eyes at some point...

Oooo I might re-read Raven's books as well :D

Nice! I'm really enjoying them :D

(I have to say Nici, every time I see your av I do a double take, love Damon Salvatore! :D)

Read a select couple of chapters of Misery by King. Just skimming through some stuff today :D

I read this earlier in the year. Did you enjoy it?

I enjoyed the story and thought it was very well written, really bringing the characters to life :D, but I did find it quite depressing due to the inhumane way lots of the characters treated Rosanne :D What did you think of it?

I havent been reading a lot the last few days i've just been picking a book up reading 5-6 pages then doing something else, so i've adopted a new strategy where I will read 50 pages minimum a day from now on. This is a good way of deciding whether I like a new book too, if I am not into it after the first 50 pages it's out.

Just over halfway through Cell now, not the best Stephen King book, I miss his overly descriptive way of writing which I used to hate:lol: but determined to finish it.

so i've adopted a new strategy where I will read 50 pages minimum a day from now on.

That's what i do, if i leave a book too long i find i lose interest & don't finish it.

I've only got about fifty pages of Nightwatch left so will finish it tonight, haven't decided what i'm going to read next yet.

I finished Pelagia and the White Bull dog by Boris Akunin and have started The sleepwalker Introduction to Flight by Sion Scott-Wilson and so far very funny

Having finished Burned, I begun Inkheart today :D

I read that on my honeymoon, good book :D

I've been reading On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan today.

I think it does. You may have just opened a black hole in BCF land here... :D

Made the mistake of looking at the "buy one, get one free" books in Tesco, and came home with:

The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly

A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve

216 Bones by Kathy Reichs

Trail of Blood/Bad Blood by S J Rozan (a set of two)

I would have bought the first three at some point anyway, but I haven't come across S J Rozan before; I enjoy crime novels, though, and hope they will be good. I might put Flowers for Algernon aside for now and read one of today's purchases instead :D

About halfway through A girl made of dust

I enjoyed the story and thought it was very well written, really bringing the characters to life :blush:, but I did find it quite depressing due to the inhumane way lots of the characters treated Rosanne :( What did you think of it?

I really liked it, want to read the sequel now. :)