Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back to Dark Visions by L J Smith and its gotten better after a slow start. only half way thorugh might pop into the bath to read a bit more later.

I went and bought a few books with my birthday money today. got the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and We are All Made of Glue, looking forward to reading them

Made some progress in Kerouac's Lonesome traveler. I also visited my favourite book store, they had some nice offers but I'm a bit too short on cash at this very moment... It was still a bit hard to leave that book about vintage shoes there, the only one I'm missing from my vintage this-and-that collection.

Read another chapter of Eyes Like Stars today, hoping to get through another one or two tomorrow :smile2: considering my wayward mojo et al., this is super-speed reading as far as I'm concerned so I'm happee.

Finished The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde and have to admit I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. :smile2: I have already started A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter. I think I am about 50 pages in so going to finish that. :roll:

I read two pages of Northanger Abbey, slow reading day! :smile2: I've been half asleep all day :roll:

40-pages in and One Day is going okay so far. I have a good idea what the future may have in store (at least on some levels) for the protagonists, but it is early days yet. I shall have to wait and see.

Did some more reading today while on the bus to school / in class while the prof was boring us with slides. Im on page 545 out of 841 of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Almossst there lol I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to finish it :smile2:

Read 75 pages of Crown Of Shadows so far today, want to get up to 100 before sleep. Thoroughly enjoying it - the break between the second in the trilogy and this last book actually did me good, because the writing seems fresh again, as opposed to the same old same old from the last two books.

I've read another 100 or so pages of Water for Elephants and ordered a few books online. They're mostly non-fiction books about grammar and editing, so at least they won't count towards my TBR pile :smile2:.

I must be gaining a reputation at my workplace for being a bookworm because a girl approached me today and unexpectedly started talking about books and giving me recommendations. I hadn't pegged her for a reader so I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm almost finished The Virgin's Lover. It's such a good book....I don't want it to end :smile2:

Isn't it wonderful when you find a book like that? I may have to put that on my TBR pile. :roll:

I'm getting close to the end of Flowers for Algernon and have started carrying Catcher in the Rye with me so that I can start it as soon as I'm done.

Managed to read 115 pages last night (woo!) and am hoping to do about the same again today. Book is a little bit awesome though, so I don't imagine that should be an issue.

Finished The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde and have to admit I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. :smile2: I have already started A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter. I think I am about 50 pages in so going to finish that. :roll:

just to echo BJ - another Fforde fan - great! The rest of the series is as good, if not better:D

As for me - I'm reading 'Northern Shores - A History of the Baltic Sea and its peoples' Alan Palmer. Almost a quarter read and enjoying it:)

Edited by sirinrob

Started 'The Sight' by David Clement-Davies last night - it is a book I borrowed from my bf a couple years ago. Tis good, don't know why I never started it sooner. :smile2:

Took all the books and other stuff to the charity shop and came out with Stephen King - IT and a book on customs and etiquette of China (travel book) twas buy one get one free.

Edited by chrysalis_stage