Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've managed to decide on a book to read. I started The Resurrectionist by James Bradley. I'm still sticking to the dark historical theme, this time grave robbing and body snatching! :D

Look forward to your reviews on that one. I have tht on my TBR pile.

What do you think of this book? I really enjoyed it.

So far, it is very alluring. He has a very lively way of writing, it's a little difficult to make sense of, but I think more than anything, that's a credit to him. It's certainly something different and I'm really enjoying reading :D

I read Kavalier & Clay recently. It's superb..

How did I miss that you picked up the Chabon, Frankie?! I loved that book so I'm excited you got it :D.

Hooray! The second one is supposed to excellent, and I've had it on my TBR pile for a while. Maybe I'll read it with you. :D

Excellent news! :D I’ve heard nothing but great things about it and eventhough I don’t know much about the book itself, I’m really looking forward to reading it!

Kylie, I would love it if you would join in on the reading! Maybe we could suggest it in the Rory Gilmore reading group, if there are others that would like to join?

I am now 200 odd pages into The Eyre Affair and really enjoying it.

Also, The Animal Farm by George Orwell arrived today. That will be a quick read. :D

I’m so happy that you’re enjoying The Eyre Affair :lol: I hope you enjoy Animal Farm as well, it’s a quick and easy read but also enjoyable.

I haven’t had much time to read lately, have been rather sociable these last couple of days. I hope I get some reading done over the weekend though.

Well I've managed to decide on a book to read. I started The Resurrectionist by James Bradley. I'm still sticking to the dark historical theme, this time grave robbing and body snatching! :D

Oooh this one sounds interesting, Charm! Ever since I read about resurrectionists in The Bone Garden I've been tempted to read more like it. I'm excited to hear what you think! :D

Look forward to your reviews on that one. I have tht on my TBR pile.

I've heard it's a bit hit and miss, but I'll post my thoughts as soon as I've finished, so far it seems quite interesting.

Oooh this one sounds interesting, Charm! Ever since I read about resurrectionists in The Bone Garden I've been tempted to read more like it. I'm excited to hear what you think! :D

Funny, it's been reminding me of The Bone Garden the whole time and I'm only a few pages in! :D

I finished The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman which was excellent and the L. J smit book Nightworld which was OK although as far as teen vamp books go I have read better, but I will give another of hers a go as I have Dark Visions to read, gonna start it in a minute..

Jack the Ripper - Paul Begg

An Utterly Impartial History of Britain - John O'Farrell

Trick or Treatment: Alternative Medicine on Trial - Simon Singh & Edzard Ernst

Why Does E=mc2 (and why should we care) - Brian Cox & Jeff Forshaw

The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable - Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Why Evolution is True - Jerry A.Coyne*

These all sound really interesting!

Kylie, I would love it if you would join in on the reading! Maybe we could suggest it in the Rory Gilmore reading group, if there are others that would like to join?

Sounds good!

I have around a 100 pages of Water for elephants left which I will finish tonight

Are you enjoying this? I plan on reading it very soon after all the great reviews I've been reading.

I finished Fatelessness by Imre Kert

Got a fair bit of reading done tonight and finished Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. The twist at the end certainly lived up to what people had been saying. Really looking forward to the film now. Will post my review in my blog page over the next few days but a highly recommended book.

Almost finished 'Fighting Ruben Wolfe' by Markus Zusak :friends0:

I ordered from amazon ~

Every Day is Mother's Day by Hilary Mantel

Vacant Possession by Hilary Mantel

Evernight by Claudia Gray :friends0: