Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read a couple of pages of Kerouac's Lonesome Traveler, going to read some more of it later tonight. I also made some progress in reading a book about music business, it's a Finnish book called Ruma b

Over last 24 hours have started and finished Gold by Dan Rhodes. Its just under 200 pages and a really excellent read. Will write a proper review for my reading log over the next few days. Will start the Heretic's Daughter later as it is a book circle book.

Read another chapter of Eyes Like Stars yesterday and I hope to be able to squeeze at least another in today, it's grabbing me really easily and could be just what the doctor ordered for my wayward mojo!

I ordered some books today.

The five people you meet in heaven - Mitch Albom

The girl next door - Jack Ketchum

Got it on ebay in the end as Amazon and Play.com were asking stupid prices:roll:

Living dead girl - Elizabeth Scott

Ketchum book is one I plan on getting myself, it was on a list of scariest books I once saw.

I eventually got round to buying Nocturnes: John Connolly. Largely because I love the cover but the content looks to be brilliant too.

Finished HUsh Hush by Becca Fitzatrick.

Surprisingly really good and wizzed through it considering my mojo was gone.

Look forward to writing the revuew tonight.

I am now about to start The Hunger Games by Suzanne collins. I have heard good things about this and has been highly recommended by stephanie Meyer.

Read more of the Last Voyage of the Valentina as well as more of Winston and Clementine - I am now on the home straight with it but I am loving every page and am now reading the Nov 1943 letters between them currently - so interesting as well as passionate!

Yay! Did you cry Frankie?

Nope :lol:

I just couldn't feel Charlie's pain in the end, because I'd grown to dislike him when he became intelligent. I loved Charlie Gordon pre-operation and really despised him at times after surgery. The only time I felt a bit mushy was when Norma was so glad to see him and they talked about their childhood. She'd turned out completely different than what I expected.

I still liked him

when he had become smarter, because I could see how he was still struggling, and his sadness when he thought back on how people had treated him. But it was heartbreaking when he started reverting back again, and his sense of loss at gradually losing all of his knowledge. I can't imagine what it would be like to know what's about to happen to you. :lol:

I still liked him

when he had become smarter, because I could see how he was still struggling, and his sadness when he thought back on how people had treated him. But it was heartbreaking when he started reverting back again, and his sense of loss at gradually losing all of his knowledge. I can't imagine what it would be like to know what's about to happen to you. :friends0:

I do agree,

he was suffering because he'd thought people were geniouses like he was now and he figured people had made fun of him in the past. And I do appreciate the fact that it must have been excruciating for him to lose his intellect. However, in a way he'd turned into his own mother: always being frustrated at how other people were stupid and didn't understand him. Of course he didn't beat them up or anything like that, but I think he should have realised that Strauss and Nemur were in fact intelligent just like they'd always been, and Charlie himself had just surpassed their level. Also, I think it took him a really long time to realise he could do something good with his gift and not just moan about it. But that's just my opinion :lol: