Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read another couple chapters of Prisoner of Azkaban whilst waiting for my pasta :lol:

I've received Charles De Lint's Dreams Underfoot today, which Lit_Driven_Girl has oh so thoughfully sent me as she knew I was dying to read it :lol:.

I'll try to make another chapter or two's progress into Eyes Like Stars, which just keeps getting better and better. Thankfully Act II comes out in May as I think I'll be distraight when this ends. The cover of Act II has already tied my heart in knots, which surely is a good sign.

Also, as soon as the way is clear I'll unpack my Folio The Once and Future King which arrived yesterday - I'm indeed at the point where I'm smuggling books into the house!

Last night i finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Awesome book! I wasn't expecting some of the twists! I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

I picked up Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay as my next read :lol:

started The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I'm hoping it's an easy read otherwise it's going to take me ages considering the size of it.

Errr.... :lol:

It's hardcore history/research-nerdism. I loved it though.

Errr.... :lol:

It's hardcore history/research-nerdism. I loved it though.

...crud. Although I got through Jonathan Strange pretty quickly because I enjoyed it.

I thought I'd start this since I'm of this week so I can actually devote days to reading it rather than just evenings when I'm tired.

I'm really hoping to finish Change Of Heart tonight, although I am really enjoying it, I've been reading it for ages thanks to my mojo running away :lol: but I ordered Alyson Noel - Blue Moon a few days ago, so I'm hoping that kicks it back into gear!

Just finished Trick or Treatment by Simon Singh and Edzard Ernst and started The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I'm hoping it's an easy read otherwise it's going to take me ages considering the size of it.

Errr.... :friends0:

;) So nicely put Noll.

Don't listen to her Steeeeve, it's a doddle .... :lol:

Right. I had better get reading. I won't write on here till I've read at least 100 pages. I'll see you in a week.

Em .... better make that two :D

I'm really hoping to finish Change Of Heart tonight, although I am really enjoying it, I've been reading it for ages thanks to my mojo running away :D but I ordered Alyson Noel - Blue Moon a few days ago, so I'm hoping that kicks it back into gear!

Is this out soon? Kookie is so wanting it.

No mojo for me either, so no reading for me ;)

:lol: Well I'm on page 98 and I should read a bit more before bed. I want to watch that programme about Eddie Izzard running the marathons.

I'm really enjoying it. Drags a bit in places but mostly manages to keep the intrigue up and has you wanting to find out what's going to happen. Especially with the

mysterious man in black who seems to be following them.

Has me wanting to learn more about Vlad the Impaler in a way the film didn't manage. Which surprises me actually. The fact that there are such blatant references to Vlad in there. I'm sure Francis Ford Coppola got in legal trouble from the descendents of Vlad for doing that. Either they lost the case or I'm completely making it up.

:lol: Well I'm on page 98 and I should read a bit more before bed. I want to watch that programme about Eddie Izzard running the marathons.

I'm really enjoying it. Drags a bit in places but mostly manages to keep the intrigue up and has you wanting to find out what's going to happen. Especially with the

mysterious man in black who seems to be following them.

Has me wanting to learn more about Vlad the Impaler in a way the film didn't manage. Which surprises me actually. The fact that there are such blatant references to Vlad in there. I'm sure Francis Ford Coppola got in legal trouble from the descendents of Vlad for doing that. Either they lost the case or I'm completely making it up.

Glad you are enjoying it, exactly the same happened to me I ended up doing a load of research on Vlad after I had finished it.

Errr.... :friends0:

;) So nicely put Noll.

Don't listen to her Steeeeve, it's a doddle .... :lol:

Right. I had better get reading. I won't write on here till I've read at least 100 pages. I'll see you in a week.

Em .... better make that two :D

HAHA ;)

Glad it's going well, Steve! And yes it did the same to me, so I recently bought a (fictional) account of Vlad's actual life, as opposed to his vampire legends.

@ Ned: Because you're a daftie :lol: though I'd stop at vol. 4 if I were you.

@ Steve: The Tepeshes, if there's any still around, could hardly have sued poor Francis Ford for borrowing from popular folklore...!

@ Noll: is that Vlad - The Last Confession you're on about, and if so is it any good?

@ Ned: Because you're a daftie :friends0: though I'd stop at vol. 4 if I were you.

Ah, well, that might be a problem, i asked the woman in the bookshop to recommend the best one and she told me the last one was the best so i am reading the end of the series before i have read any of the other books :lol: I'm still enjoying it though.