More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy had a visit from Glendale coach yesterday to see if he is signing up for next season...signed on the dotted line for another season and he also asked him if he would be keen to do some coaching sessions for them. He said yes! Now panicking over the fact that he will be coaching guys who are same age/older than him! I have every confidence he will manage fine.

Has applied for a job as Sports Assistant at local facility. Hope he can get at least an interview!

• 2 weeks later...

Culter Youth Football Club Presentation night....Andy (5th from the right) and his other coach with thier 10yr award (actually there 11) and some his players who got 5yrs + awards. One of the guys who were comparing actually said after they were presented that folk may be wondering how they had 11yrs and explained that was including their time playing for Culter and then going back to help coach and that it was most commendable. Well done my boy ;)

1017454_10152925831400114_1023229896_n.j

Edited by Inver

• 1 month later...

So pre season is upon us once more. Andy and Glendale had the first of pre season friendlies yesterday. As per usual we got there just in time to have missed him score! He had three assists too all from corners, played well and they won 5-2 :smile:

It's also worth noting that the very same Hope Powell took them to the quarter finals two years ago in the World Cup and to the final of the UEFA Women's Championships in 2009.

Do you have anyone in mind who could do a better job than Hope?

It's also worth noting that the very same Hope Powell took them to the quarter finals two years ago in the World Cup and to the final of the UEFA Women's Championships in 2009.

Do you have anyone in mind who could do a better job than Hope?

No i don`t actually, but she needs to go.

So St Johnstone played Rosenburg in the home return leg of the 2nd round of UEFA Europa league. Hubby, Andy and I made a mad dash down to Perth to see it last night and was well worth the trip there and back. Having gone in to the game 1-0 up with an away win there was everything to play for and they did, despite going 1 goal down after 4 mins, they fought back and got a draw to take them through to next round. Minsk is next in a couple of weeks. Hope they can do well.

Only 2 more weeks until the new season begins.  Things look promising after St Austell's three friendlies so far:  5-2, 5-0 and 5-0.  We somehow seem to have found ourselves as title favourites - I'm scared! :o

Great start Sedge, going for the title then...good stuff.

Andy had a friendly on Saturday too....4-0 win and scored another couple of goals. New coach/manager and changing team around a wee bit, so he is back on the left mid side, getting more chances. Hope they keep him there when season starts, which is THIS Saturday for us..

Oh and here is Andy and I at the St Johnstone game....

1016455_624937474191056_111063987_n.jpg

Edited by Inver

• 2 weeks later...

First  game of the season on Saturday. Andy & Glendale made it a convincing win over a very poor team who had a lot of usual players missing and won 9-1 and he got to take a pen, so on the score sheet. Mid week game tonight but beaten 6-2.

We will be dashing off to Perth again tomorrow late afternoon. St Johnstone had a brilliant away 1-0 win against Minsk last week, so it is the return home leg. I expect the ground will be packed so hopefully we can get down there a bit earlier this time.

Had any more friendlies Sedge. Is it this weekend you season starts.

Oops. A 2-0 defeat saw the end of our 6 month unbeaten run!  Strangely the champions also lost their 6 month unbeaten record.  In fact 3 out of last season's top 4 lost.  Never mind, we're in FA Cup action next Saturday - Wembley here we come!

We got lucky this time - the chances were that we'd be drawn against a rival side from our own league, but Ilfracombe Town are from the Western League, one step above us.  Strangely our last FA Cup match was in 1991 when we lost 3-2 to.......Ilfracombe Town!

Visit to Perth again last Thursday, but another victory (which should have been won by St Johnstone in the first half) was not to be. Minsk a very poor side did not deserve to go through and had we managed to put away all the pens at the end, would never have happened.

Plus Glendale put out a cup in first round on Saturday too! And to add to all that Scotland lost to you lot last night, although were by far playing the better footie in the first half. One consolation at least they didn't lose any points over it... ;)

Midweek binning of 6-2, but Glendale made up for it today with a  good 3-1 winning home performance in the sunshine. Good 3 points for them.

Hope your winning streak has returned this weekend Sedge.

Things are looking up for Glendale this season then!

Unfortunately we exited the FA Cup, going down 4-1.  I think it's for the best - it wouldn't be practical to play in the FA Vase and FA Cup Finals on the same day!

We're back in League action on Tuesday.  We've only played one league game so far, so we've got some catching up to do. :smile: